The New Miley Cyrus by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

The New Miley Cyrus by Miley Cyrus

October 16, 2013
By 1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3


Miley Cyrus new song 'Wrecking Ball" was a beautiful song.Her music video well thats a whole other story.Her video to me was a waste of 5 minutes.She ruined a perfect song with a horrifing video.In the music video she licks hammers and swings naked on a wrecking ball crying.Maybe its just me but honestly I just do not get the point of the video.In another video of hers "We Cant Stop" she is partying with friends and twerking the whole time,its unbearable! Miley has fans under 12 watching this.She is DEFINATELY not a good role model for kids.When I was younger I adored her,i bought EVERYTHING with her face on it,but now shes just... I dont even have words to describe her. Im actually scared to see what the next generation of kids is going to become.


The author's comments:
I wrotets piece because im tired of the student in my grade and everyone else saying how "cool" she is.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 22 comments.


on Sep. 27 2016 at 3:57 pm
thebookwrmgirl BRONZE, Major, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments
I agree with you, she's talented-but I have no idea why she makes the music videos the way she does!

on Nov. 28 2015 at 7:04 pm
ThrillQueen126, Seattle, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 46 comments
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so settle down. I personally think that she might not be a role model, but she is being herself and we should accept that. I don't like her new music, but I admire her for going crazy and doing herself. @1DLover5 , watch your spelling and grammar. This was a little hard to read and felt a bit rushed.

on Oct. 7 2015 at 1:23 pm
Gia.La'nae.Okonma, Houston, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
People change. People shouldnt expect for Miley Cyrus to be Hannah Montana at all.I dont think she is a good role model either but music wise shes having fun with what shes doing so therefore it makes her music good. Her clothing and what she sings about is very disturbing but thats what makes people want to view her more because you never what will happen next until you find out by viewing it. The more haters she has the more people are going to watch.

on Aug. 17 2015 at 1:12 am
PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its not possible to fight beyond you're strength, even if you strive."


-Homer

Alright people, settle down, settle down. Now, some of you are right, and some of you are wrong. I definitely agree with the writer of this piece even though it had a few mistakes on the outcome of the piece. Close your eyes, imagine a child, sitting on the couch with his iPad or whatever his mom buys him. He is on YouTube and he sees a young girl with a mic in her hand, wearing colorful clothes so it attracts attention. He/she clicks on the video, and what do you know. since the child can't read yet, he just looks at the pictures, Miley Ray Cyrus is 'twerking on every stage you could think of. Now, I understand that there's been some controversy about Miley and her Disney-days, but that doesn't mean it can't be discussed in a proper manner. Oh, and were you devastated when Zane Malik left One Direction?

on Oct. 6 2014 at 3:10 pm
btw, the generation of kids are smart enouph to put down the parent locks and miley cyrus is horrible  

on Oct. 6 2014 at 3:07 pm
i agree, i loved her ans a kid but now she is a horible role model, hers song wrecking ball was amazing but the vidio rewind it(i dont care about spelling)she is a terrible role model

L.A.L.Etc said...
on May. 4 2014 at 9:50 pm
L.A.L.Etc, Vail, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
I can't be impossible - I exist! I believe what you ment to say is 'I give up he's improbable!'"
By "Big Bang Theory"

Milley Cyrus isn't as  wrong you think she said hannah montanna died before she did those things in a lot of her interviews so really it's the parents fault because they could have paid attention or put up parental locks to have not let their kids seen that. Plus a lot of shows have twerking in them, not just Milley.

cmd1221 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 13 2013 at 8:30 pm
cmd1221 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

actually harry styles did twerk and louis always does his 'hip thrusts' which i dont know if you know what that actually means. and  miley cyrus isnt making a fool of her self shes clearly enjoying who she is and is making money while doing it. and its not a matter of getting it for attention shes being her self and if she gets attention for that then kudos for her!

cmd1221 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 13 2013 at 8:23 pm
cmd1221 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

i dont think she has fans that are 5-6 years old considering hannah montana ended like 4 years ago so theyd be like 1. Shes under a microscope anything she does is wrong. Its funny how people only remember whats shes done wrong when shes done so many things right. And kids arent twerking cause miley cyrus did it theyre twerking cause they want to. i like miley cyrus and i dont twerk. shes succesful and is going to be named person of the year. I'm not saying what shes doing is amazing ane ever so perfect im saying its her life and shes doing perfectly fine shes living it like theres no tomorrow and i admire it.

on Dec. 8 2013 at 6:08 pm
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

Well At Least One Direction Dont Embarres Themselves Like Miley Cryrus. You Dont See One Direction Twerking And Being Naked In Their Videos. Miley Cyrus Is Only Doing This To Get Attention. When Hannah Montana Ended No One Seemed To Bother With Her Anymore Thats Why Shes Making A Fool Of  Herself Now.

on Dec. 8 2013 at 6:05 pm
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

You Just Copied What I Said! And She Thinks Just Because Shes 21 She Can Do Whatever She Wants Not Caring What The Fans Think Or Matter Of Fact What Anyone Thinks. She Scarred Millions Of Her Fans.REMINDER She Has Fans That Are 5 And 6 Years Old And Look What Shes Doing To Them.And Now Because She Was A Great Role Model In Hannah Montana Fans Are Still Looking Up To Her And Coping Everything She Does.There Are Videos On Youtube Of Little Kids Twerking Beacuse Their "Role Model" Miley Cyrus Does It. She Should Be Ashamed Of Herself For Doing This.No Wonder Why Liam Broke Up With Her...

cmd1221 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 3 2013 at 6:35 pm
cmd1221 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Miley Cyrus is an indivdual. We all are. No one ever stays the same. For better or for worse. I think its funny how people still think about miley cyrus as "Hannah Montana" when hanah montana was a fictional character miley cyrus is a real person and thats who she is. Nothing anyone says is going to change that. I honestly love her. Everything in this article is anything but right. If you dont like who she is thats fine but she is fun and  loving and she  works hard and doesnt need to be judged. people do what she does every day but no one says anything its only cause she was on a disney show. Shes 21 years old she living it like any other 21 year old would. Think about it her VMA performance was over 4 months ago and people are still talking so clearly shes doing something right.

cmd1221 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 3 2013 at 6:27 pm
cmd1221 BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

i couldnt agree more!

on Oct. 30 2013 at 10:05 pm
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

Lol It Was My Pleasure :)

on Oct. 23 2013 at 6:53 pm
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

Aww Thanks! :)

Mileym said...
on Oct. 23 2013 at 8:12 am
@iDLover5 I think its funny how you're ok with 5 guys talking about "getting some" but not ok with Miley Cyrus' wrecking ball. :l

Annie_jane said...
on Oct. 23 2013 at 8:05 am
I'm sorry but everything after the "wrecking all is a beautiful song" couldn't be more wrong. What people need to realize is that Miley Cyrus doesn't want to be and doesn't need to be some child's role model. She's 20 (I believe) let her live her life. If you like her music and not her videos then stick to just listening to it. I'm sorry but you're being ridiculous. Other artist have done so much worse but because everyone wants a role model for their kids Miley can't live her life the way she wants to. I honestly don't think you should have wasted your time writting this because no one is going to stop listening or watching her because of it. Not to mention if they hadn't watched the video then they will now, adding to her fame and the number of people talking about her. Another word of advice? Don't judge her just because this is what her image is now. She growing up, it's what people do. She can't be like Taylor swift and try to be innocent for the rest of her life because that's not her. She has one life to live and I'm happy she chose to do what she wants with it rather than listening to everyone else. Thank you if you read this comment ~nia P.s the video wasn't a waste of time, it was beautiful and many people understood it. If you didn't then I guess we know how far your imagination runs.

Alabian GOLD said...
on Oct. 22 2013 at 10:14 pm
Alabian GOLD, Limbo, Other
13 articles 2 photos 125 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky cause there are footprints on the moon" - Owl City

I agree with this completely! Well written! I used to love her music too, but now I feel ashamed to be playing her new stuff in my room. I mean, what kind of an impact is this having on little kids? Well put! 5/5 cyberstars!

on Oct. 22 2013 at 3:25 pm
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

Thank You! Thats What I Think Too.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Oct. 22 2013 at 3:18 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
146 articles 0 photos 2230 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

No one freaks out about Lady Gaga or Katy Perry doing this because it's thier persona already. When they started their careers, they were already like they are now. Miley wasn't. It's apparent that she's doing it purposely for attention. Just to make people talk like right now. :P