Sea of Memories by Bush This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was really excited when I discovered that Bush had unveiled a fifth album. I was psyched to re-immerse myself in new music from the amazing world of the ྖs era grunge I love so much. Unfortunately, I can't say I was super impressed by this album. Don't get me wrong – it is a lot more listenable than the pop madness of our generation, but somewhat predictably it lacks the anger and angst of classic grunge.

My favorite track is “The Sound of Winter.” Lyrically speaking, it is very well done. I also love “All My Life” and “All Night Doctors.” Other slower songs just didn't capture the amazing Bush that I am so used to.

Lead vocalist Gavin Rossdale, now married and a parent, still brings his hypnotizing voice that captures you as soon as you hear it. But with a new guitarist (Chris Traynor) and bassist (Corey Britz), the old Bush that brought us amazing tracks like “Machinehead” and “Swallowed” is missing.

Overall this album is worth listening to, especially if you're a Bush fan or are looking to be introduced slowly to grunge (though I'd recommend jumping right into the genre with something like “In Utero” by Nirvana). This album deserves 3/5 stars because of the amazingness that is Gavin Rossdale and for a few really enjoyable tracks.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Privyet said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:20 am:
good review, spot on.