How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

goosepumpkin said...
im doing a research paper and my topic is music influence/more or less how american music influences the world with the different types of genres they come up with what other countries as well as there own feel about it and what they might have to say if you have any comments feel free to do so i need some "expert opinions" from people on the outside

pjbutters replied...
May 19 at 7:42 pm :
me tooo i got how music lyrecs affect people in a good way

pulledheartstring said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:02 am:
My friend is doing an essay on the negative effects of rap/modern music. Sure, some songs might not affect teens, but they do promote some things that are considered immoral. I also suggest to perhaps list certain songs and use psychological evidence or some sort.

-JUSTSILLYOLDME- replied...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:55 pm :
so am i im doing research on music effects on teens or well everybody lolz *-* its goin well :D

Different_is_normal said...
Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:18 pm:
Rap does not affect teens. I listen to rap and I haven't changed. Peer pressure more or less changes us.

mooran replied...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:43 pm :
I agree being a music student we chose who we are not just by music, But I will say rap isn't the greatest inflence on todays teen its all money makeing crap. But also people like Eminem for me puts a middle finger to that which for me as a Lover for punk lover is awsome :)

WriterHeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:06 pm:
i loved the way u talked about music as a whole in the article. i was kind of confused though; it seems like you jumped from talking about music to the negative affects of rap. it's very important to stay on topic and organized when you write about a subject like this.

Kitty said...
Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:13 am:
Umm I believe you are wrong on alot you have said. I mean music does have an impacted on our life but Rap does not make us do drugs. Thats our own choice. And you gave examples off all different kinds of music  but only really talked about Rock. I understand you may like that but when writting and article you need to think and research all of the different types of music not just the one you like.

Brian replied...
Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm :
I agree with you...I listen to every genre of music except country but mostly rap..people think that just because  i listen to wiz khalifa alot i means that i smoke weed  and do all kinds of drugs but every person should  KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG ... plus im really chill and calm person so they think that i smoke weed to be calm but i dont.

LunaLives replied...
May 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm :
I agree with your comments. I was not particularly happy with this article. And Brian, people think I'm calm all the time because of weed to. Only thats so not true.

shockbot replied...
Mar. 24 at 8:35 pm :
true dat its so true i agree fully  y.o.l.o :D

smilealways13 said...
I like this article, but I wish you would have said more about different genres as well. I am a big country fan and a lot of people are. I listen to almost everything, but country mostly. My advice would be to add other genres and their effects.

ElsaM replied...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:34 am :
I forgot about country! I do like country, but stopped listening to it because so many are about heartbreak and how one guy finds a gorgeous, blonde-haired, blue-eyed Southern Sweetheart who makes him feel proud and good about himself. So many girls DON'T fit this stereotype, so they can start feeling bad about themselves. And hearing three songs in  a row about drinking has affected, nobody, ever. I'm glad you brought this up. :D

ElsaM replied...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:36 am :
***** I was being sarcastic about the drinking part, ha ha. I wish country music could be a bit more positive, or just a bit more different than it is now.

DeffreyJahmer said...
Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:31 am:
I honestly think you should have written a lot more, it's lacking. You write about rap, and seem to be giving the impression that it's bad, but you don't go into anyone else. "Music gives impressions and can influence." Yeah. We know that.

atv512 said...
Yea music can influence people but it can influence them to do something good like follow thei dreams

Fallen-Angel said...
I am a mega rap fan, I love listening to rap. It always puts me in a better mood. The songs with a lot a bass also helps when I have headaches. I am researching how music affects the brain and students in school for a "Persuasive Essay" for my Language Arts class. I know music helps me, and so I'm writing from that side of the arguement.

max888 replied...
Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:35 pm :
Im doing a persuasive essay also, the pro on how rock music influences kids

karmstrong said...
I listen to Alternative and Indie. And satanist music. yum

Tchic said...
Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:05 am:
they dont play profanity on air. they actualy have a law that can shut down the station if it is played.

Stella said...
WE WANT PICTURES!