How Music Affects Teens

The Affect Music Has On Different Teens

Music is something that every person has his or her own specific opinion about. Different people have different taste, and various types of music have many ways of leaving an impact on someone. It can be relaxing, angering, soothing, energizing, and many more.

There are so many types of music out there today. Rap, pop, rock, country, indie, alternative, hardcore are some of the abundant types in the world. Music sends out either good or bad messages that have big impacts on how people act. People usually become friends with others who have a same taste in music as the rest of the people they hangout with, or it can be vice versa. People may not want to associate with people who have different tastes in music because they’ll argue about what they think is better but its just their own opinions.

Rap and Rock music are two very important types of music in the world. They both send out different messages and help kids. The lyrics sung or rapped by the artists can be things going on in their own personal lives, and people with the same types of problems can listen to them so they know theirs hope and theirs people like this out there in the world. Music can also serve as a catalyst for new ideas. When people listen to the new things out there, they learn different things going on in the world and they become more open-minded because they’re exposed to different people like the artists.

A lot of people come to the conclusion that rap music has a very big impact on the world. Listening to the lyrics, they usually revolve around sex and drugs and those are topics many parents don’t want their kids being involved in. Many of the music videos made by rap artists in the world show these topics in them. Studies show that people who are more into rap music do drugs one time in their lives.

People can use music to express themselves, in ways it can’t be expressed through behavior, or art. You can usually tell how someone’s feeling by the type of music he or she is listening to at the time. It’s a tool used by many. Groups of people around the world can come together and gather at concerts, shows, and venues to show what their interests and likings are and you see how many people have similar likings as you.

I can personally relate to the effects that music has on its listeners and users because it’s a big part of my life. Every day I listen to the words and sounds of different singers/bands with contrasting ideas and opinions. The music I listen makes me who I am.

ashlynn.craig said...
I love music, I personally am a country girl so i think the affect that the whole miley cyrus etc genre is having on teens is crazy dumb. 
Yatri Sharad replied...
Jan. 13 at 12:15 pm
umm I agree.. im a country boy who lives in cities these days and i especially think electronic and techno musics these days are really making youths dumb..
aprilanne replied...
Jan. 17 at 12:25 pm
agreed! lol @ashlynn.craig miley cyrus and taylor swift are a disgrace to country music lol
Erica B. replied...
May 31 at 10:01 pm
guys... Miley Cyrus is not a country singer nor does she claim to be. And just because you don't appreciate other's taste in music does not make it "dumb".
the_blue_pheonix said...
music is a great way to express your self
Mattieb101 said...
Oct. 10, 2014 at 11:47 am
to me it can be true and false cause some people are like that and some people aint  
karkatvantas69 said...
i love music it makes me so happy
Charles Charlmichael said...
Sept. 2, 2014 at 9:05 am
I don't really know that much about music but I like Törnrosa, it's really is a good song and it is even better than my fucked up grammar.   I have helpedd my got through my life and be a survivael in the end of it, my life so to speeck.   What's you advice to me? Thanks in advance! Calleman
theheavymetalistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love music quite alot. They can help me get through tough situations and I have a setlist of over 1000 songs in my head and that I know. Obviously I don't know every band in the world or like every genre and subgenre as equally as another but I can safly say, it is my life. BTW what is your favorite genre? Mine if you want to know is Heavy Metal and is also fast, loud, and in your face.
erwan said...
Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:00 am
well ... Are you Sure About THE EFFECT to teen ?
Lucas said...
Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:10 am
The articles says studies show that people are more into rap will do drugs one time in their lives. Which "studies"?? , plz provide a link or html for such a statement plz
izzy_0314 said...
I listen to music all the time and have come to find that it brings many benefits to my life and general well-being. I have also found out that making music brings me joy as well. I create songs and remixes and its actually really fun. Just thought I would share that with anyone reading this.
DazedAndConfusedInLife replied...
you're so right my whole life revolves around music and writing...... they both saved my life.   And towards the writer of this,  Tons of rap and hip hop also provide good messages of course i agree with you that some of it provides a bad message but next time give credit to the rappers that provide good messages. Now in the 21st century there are even Cristian rappers. Please think about what you say next time.
shockbot said...
music is my life. my everyday life includes music.
Agnes said...
good website for info abt music
Wabbajack said...
Feb. 3, 2014 at 6:22 am
I'm a teen and I mostly listen to soundtracks. I'm a bit pathetic and I get a little bit teary sometimes when there are nice, quiet parts.
Lena1700 said...
When ElsaM mention judging she didn't mean that she's pointing out their flaws she is pionting out that their music type fits with thier actions and personality.... I'm just saying
jazmin said...
musicaffects everyone in anyway possible, it DOES NOT just affect people with mental issues
cartofshame said...
Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:58 am
i agree to because i listen to different music and i like listening to celtic music probably cause i come from a celtic background
Esha123 said...
Thats not true if someone likes what they like no one has no right to judge some one lese
ElsaM said...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:31 am
I totally agree. You can basically judge a person's likes and dislikes by the music they listen to, and sometimes their personalities fit in.  I don't like rap that much, but softer rock and pop are my favs, as well as Classical. When someone feels depressed, happy, in love, etc., he/she will listen to certain songs. Feelings affect music, but music also affects feelings. Hearing a song about revenge will make a perfectly happy person recall a bad memory.   It isn't s... (more »)