Stone Temple Pilots Thankyou | Teen Ink

Stone Temple Pilots Thankyou

The alternative rock album “Thank you” written by Stone Temple Pilots lead singer Brendan O’Brien, released by the company Atlantic was released in 2003 after the writing of  it started in 1992. “Thankyou” has had many influential songs. I personally like the whole album since they made this one an alternative sounding album unlike their other albums which were rock and grunge. I  could probably scream all the whole album to myself in my car since I like every song and each of them is a bop.

Songs such as Plush, Creep, Interstate Love Song, Days of the Week, and many more. This albums music has also occurred in movies and tv shows such as The Crow which played the song “Big Empty” and CSI which featured the song “Sex Type Thing” or even in video games such as GTA San Andreas which used the song “Plush”. The songs featured on this album have made a huge debut in today’s society.

My favorite song on the album has to be “Sour Girl”. This song has a good tune to it because the lead singer goes from high notes to low notes which shows he has talent and when it comes time to sing the chorus everyone in the band joins in and creates a pretty melody. This song also shows that the singer has a good vibrato in his voice along with the other band members.

Other songs I quite enjoyed were “Lady Picture Show”, “Big Empty”, and “Wicked Garden”. These songs all have different sounds which is good for an album because I cannot express how many times I have listened to an album where every song sounds the same and this is not the case for STP album “thank you”.

Although “Thank you” has an overall message of a man in love with a difficult girl, it has very different sounds and lyrics in every song but they all tie back together with the message of a girl.

The only complaint I would have with this album is the last track Number 15 which is an acoustic cover of the song “plush” which is the fifth track on the album. I personally think that the original track was beautiful and had a good tune to it but the acoustic just takes that out of it and slows down the song by a lot even though the original recording was already at a slow tempo. “Plush” in the original track 5 recording showed an involvement of the whole band but the acoustic version does not, it consists mostly of only the lead singers voice.

Overall I love this album since I grew up listening to it and learning every song  because my mom also loves the album and the band which had an influence over me as well. I do prefer some songs over others but every song in this album has a beautiful message about love and seeking out your lost love. I would rate this album 4.5 out of 5 stars since I like all the songs except track 15 which is the cover of “Plush”.

“Thankyou” is a great album and I would definitely recommend it to people since you could open your mind to new types of music and maybe recognize some songs you might not know but hear in public or on the radio.