Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

It: Chapter 1 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Let me get this straight- I hate horror movies. I nearly threw up the last time I had blood work done. But when my friends invited me to go see It with them, I figured that it couldn't be that bad. And boy, was I wrong. I spent three-fourths... (more »)
Through the Eyes of a Soldier
By , Auburn, NY
Characters like Joker from Full Metal Jacket are usually used for comic relief, but Stanley Kubrick goes further using Joker to further themes in his movie, like the duality of man. Kubrick simultaneously uses Joker’s upbeat and spirited... (more »)
The Silence of the Lambs
By , Auburn, NY
The main reason people watch movies is to feel something. Whether it’s happiness, sadness, or anything in between, this form of entertainment’s main purpose is to stimulate our senses. Horror films are an aquired taste, but there... (more »)
Raise the Red Lantern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Raise the Red Lantern” is many things – an entrancing mixture of horror and the beauty of a China long past, an allegory, a myth, and a warning. Despite its many faces, “Raise the Red Lantern” is always painfully... (more »)
The Exorcist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“The Exorcist” is a movie that revolutionized horror films. I remember the first time I watched it. And by watched, I mean hid beneath a blanket with both my ears covered. This is no exaggeration. I was terrified. I was with my... (more »)
Alien This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“In space no one can hear you scream” was the attention-grabbing slogan for the 1979 horror film “Alien.” A spaceship and its crew are sent into space to explore a mysterious S.O.S. signal. Events transpire that quickly... (more »)
The Space Between Us This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Gardner Elliot (Asa Butterfield) grew up on Mars, his identity kept a secret by NASA after his astronaut mother died giving birth on the red planet. Now sixteen, he yearns to visit Earth, where foster kid punk Tulsa (Britt Robertson) faces... (more »)
Cars 3
Don't come at me with your torches! I prefer movies to book. I'm a very big lover of movies based on books. Number one is Nancy Drew. Number two is Hunger Games. Number three is Percy Jackson. Number four is Divergent. Number five is... (more »)
The Proposal This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
To avoid deportation, a strict boss bribes her assistant into marrying her. A three-day-stay with his family in Alaska is part of the chaos that ensues. The Proposal is naturally clever, and begins with the curt Margaret Tate, played by Sandra... (more »)
Paterson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A bus driver named Paterson, in the city of Paterson, discovers the ups and downs of life through poetry. Director and writer Jim Jarmusch has created a masterpiece. There’s no other way to describe it. And although the film beats to a... (more »)
Logan
There were a blunder of issues and difficulties that in my opinion made Logan one of the worst Marvel movies I have had to witness. To begin, Logan does show compassion and love to his lifelong friend Proffesor X but he cares little... (more »)
Ten Things I Hate About You This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A modern day retelling of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew lands in an American high school. It’s loud, it’s unapologetic, it’s iconic--and in the vein of other ’90s classics, Ten Things I Hate About You is a hidden gem crowded... (more »)
Wonder Woman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Princess Diana, daughter of Zeus, trains to be a warrior on the island of Themyscira. But when a man washes up on her shores, claiming to be a soldier from the Great War, she takes it upon herself to end the fighting in what she is convinced is... (more »)
Mustang This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Every year, 15 million girls get married off before the age of 18 – that’s one girl every two seconds. “Mustang,” a 2015 Turkish film directed and co-written by Deniz Gaze Erguven, focuses on this troubling issue. The... (more »)
3 comments
Gifted This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Gifted” tells the story of Mary, a child math prodigy who has a close bond with her uncle, Frank, who becomes Mary’s guardian after her mother dies. The plot becomes overwhelmed by a fraught custody battle with Mary’s... (more »)
Rogue One This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A flight commander. A defective pilot. A reprogrammed droid. A rebel without a cause. The story of how the Resistance gained plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon. Given, it’s Star Wars, and after the mindblowing success... (more »)