Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Fault in Our Stars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I, like so many others, read and thoroughly enjoyed the book The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Yet, unlike the multitudes of teenage girls, I didn't think the movie adaptation is that great. Sure, Shailene Woodley portrays Hazel perfectly, and... (more »)
Frozen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Disney's recent animated film is cute and can be surprising, but the hype over “Frozen” is overkill. This movie contains adorable, fun content for kids and some adult jokes that somehow passed the censor. The soundtrack is catchy and cute,... (more »)
Divergent This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
[Spoiler alert; if you haven't read the book don't read] This movie would be something that I could only describe as inconsistent. It's one of those movies for people who don't read the book. Some major parts are left out,... (more »)
(500) Days of Summer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Seoul, Korea, Republic of
People expect things. I’m sorry, that must be the most general statement I’ve ever made. But it’s true. We make for ourselves elaborate stories of what we want and despair when we’re faced with reality. And, as most people know,... (more »)
Edge of Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Spoiler alert: This movie was awesome. I don’t say that as a gimmick, I assure you, I say it because it’s true. When I first saw ads for Edge of Tomorrow, I will admit that I was not terribly jived. I mean amongst movies like X-Men: Days of... (more »)
Fight Club This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Sometimes, life is painfully mundane. The waves of routine swallow us in schedules and agendas, and no matter how hard we push for our freedom, our fingers only ever seem to scrape the surface. But every now and then, there's someone who... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The screen fades in from black and in this scene we see a very still, quiet, eerie corner of the galaxy. In the distance there's a double helix shaped battleship made out of some sort of space stone. As the ship comes into view, the audience... (more »)
X-Men: Days of Future Past This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It is ages into the future, in a dark and mystically ravaged world nearly unrecognizable by present eyes. Mechanical beastions called Sentinels roam the world for mutants and humans alike. Yet they cannot be destroyed, biological makeup shifting... (more »)
Legend of Kung Fu Rabbit This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Lets face it. Companies like Video Brinquedo and The Asylum are making horrendous mock busters of popular major motion pictures, obviously to make a quick buck. They all share one thing in common: amateur special effects and animation, rushed... (more »)
I, Frankenstein This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I consider myself to be quite the "horror aficionado" and to me, a movie such as this one was nothing but a slap in the face from some lazy lowlife who couldn't think about the real errors in this stories plot. I mean there were a... (more »)
Heathers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“What is your damage, Heather?” With this quote, spoken early on in Michael Lehmann’s satirical high school film, Heathers set itself apart from typical teen movies. Released in 1988, the film follows whip-smart Veronica Sawyer, played... (more »)
1 comment
Spellbound This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
You want to be sure your bladder is empty before sitting down to watch Spellbound, because this nail-biting documentary contains no dull moments that allow one to escape to the restroom. Directed by Jeffery Blitz, Spellbound is a documentary... (more »)
Edge of Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
This is how a summer blockbuster should be done. After watching Amazing Spiderman 2, I was worried that this summer wouldn't be worthy of 2013's summer, which had a few duds (Internship, After Earth, Man of Steel) but was mostly a... (more »)
Romeo and Juliet (2013) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
'Romeo and Juliet' tells the classic tale of two separate rival houses, The Capulet and The Montague, who have, for many centuries, loathed the other. But during a party set up by Lord Capulet (Damian Lewis), that of Romeo (Douglas... (more »)
6 Best Movies of 2014 (So Far) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
6. Noah Directed by Darren Aronosfky A strange, stunning, feverish film about the ever-blurring line between faith and insanity that just happens to base itself on one of the most well-known tales in the Old Testament. In line with the rest of... (more »)
Shawshank Redemption
Most people want to know what is a great movie? A great movie is when it is inspiring or changes peoples life. A great movie to me is Shawshank Redemption. Shawshank Redemption is a movie about Andy Dufresne who was accused of a murder he didn’t... (more »)