Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

Batman vs. Robin
Hello. I’ve been gone for a while: yes. I’ve decided to return and review a certain animated film I acquired recently. That film is: Batman vs. Robin. A little background first: A few years ago, DC began releasing straight... (more »)
Buzzard This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Directed by Joel Potrykus, Buzzard is a slow burn commentary on millennial dissatisfaction and suburban mundanely anchored by an unsettling performance by newcomer Joshua Burge. The focus of the film is on the ramifications of Burge’s various... (more »)
The Ultimate Gift This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The whole Stevens family came to Red Stevens' funeral, even though it rained. Why? Because Red Stevens (James Garner) was a billionare. After the funeral Red's lawyer, Mr. Hamilton (Bill Cobbs), disperses the inheritance among the relations. But... (more »)
Interstellar This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Christopher Nolan, the director of Interstellar, revealed this interesting tidbit about his collaboration with Hans Zimmer on Interstellar's score: “I said, ‘I am going to give you (Zimmer) an envelope with a letter in it. One page. It’s... (more »)
Age of Adaline This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , la canada, CA
Film Review of Age of Adaline (May 2015) Walking into the theater on Friday, May 8, all I knew about this movie was that it starred Blake Lively, which automatically sold me on the idea of watching it because well, it’s Blake Lively. Age of... (more »)
Paul Blart: Mall Cop This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , La Canada, CA
This weekend I saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop at my home theater. This movie was about Paul Blart, the protagonist, who is struggling to support his daughter. His wife used him to get citizenship in America and then ran away with her true love. Paul... (more »)
Avengers: Age of Ultron This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Big blockbuster films often come with big expectations. For Marvel films like Avengers: Age of Ultron, there are millions of people waiting to see if this film is as amazing as the first one was. With the introduction of numerous new... (more »)
Devil This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Imagine yourself with strangers trapped inside an elevator. The atmosphere is normal until it becomes eerie and sinister. The power is available, but cuts off every passing moment. And every time the lights go back, death growls before you.... (more »)
The Age of Adeline This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Over the weekend, I watched the movie The Age of Adaline, directed by Lee Toland Krieger and featuring Blake Lively. It is about a girl named Adaline Bowman who was born as a normal human being (on January 1, 1908), fell in love, and had a... (more »)
Keith This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Keith, a movie released in September of 2008, directed by Todd Kessler is a very emotional drama, that was one of my favorite childhood movies.  The main character, Jesse McCartney also happens to be a very attractive singer and actor that... (more »)
Frozen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , La Canada, CA
Disney’s movie, Frozen, is about two princesses who overcome the difficult obstacles they run through in life and grow to be great rulers of their kingdom. The two sisters, Elsa and Anna, start off as children playing together and... (more »)
Draft Day This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I recently watched the film Draft Day on DVD. It is a fictional sports story based on the National Football League rookie draft. The main character Sonny Weaver Jr. is the Cleveland Browns general manager and can make all roster changes. Many... (more »)
The Body Snatchers
The movie “The Body Snatchers” is a metaphor for the red scare. The movie starts off with Miles heading back to his old town to find things are strange, restaurants are empty, people who call in sick are suddenly better, and people... (more »)
The Parent Trap
The Parent Trap is a family movie about two girls who meet at a summer camp and find out they are twins. Annie James  lives with her mom in London. Hallie Parker lives with her dad in Napa Valley. This movie is a fun and somewhat romantic... (more »)
HIV: Si Heidi, Si ivy at Si V This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
When I'm searching for movies, I always look through its contents. And the Filipino movie, "HIV: Si Heidi, Si Ivy at Si V" has able to convince me. Aside from the unique flow of the story, its societal message is really a must-see in your... (more »)
Home This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Animated movie, Home, staring the voices of Rihanna, Jim Parsons, and Jennifer Lopez, was one of the best movies I’ve seen all year.  Yes I’ll admit that I am sixteen, and I went to see this movie meant for little kids.  But I a firm... (more »)