Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Battle of the Five Armies This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Who else was disappointed (yet not surprised) when The Desolation of Smaug ended with a certain dragon heading off to turn Laketown to charcoal? Well, finally we get back to the adrenaline rush. Smaug is rushing towards Laketown, his stomach... (more »)
Dawn of the Planet of Apes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Since no one rather cared for this movie and don't like Apes on horses, my review on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is an example of how rich Sci-Fi movies have come to be. Dawn takes place a... (more »)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Now before I begin this review let me clear the fact that this MOVIE is aiming for the new younger audience. This movie is not focusing on aiming for the fans of the past generation. So let's look at it this way.   Teenage... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy is hands down Marvel's early surprise Christmas gift. This movie had a spark and potential to be a one of a kind, yet once again Marvel handled it wonderfully.   It starts off with Peter Quill as his... (more »)
Interstellar This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Another dust bowl strikes the world and without vegetation or harvests, and suddenly the planet that had the most abundant life cannot support even the few. In this Spielberg-esque movie directed by Christopher Nolan of the Dark Knight... (more »)
Exodus: Gods and Kings
I recently attend Exodus: Gods and Kings expecting a fun night at the theatre and at least a decent movie I was dismayed to find a unbearingly long snore fest filled with bad acting, poor cinematography, and some of the poorest writing I have... (more »)
Blades of Glory This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
What happens when two male figure skater rivals tie for the one gold medal? It leads to a fight-- a fight that bans them from male figure skating, forever. When skating prodigies and rivals Jimmy MacElroy (John Heder) and Chazz Michael Michaels... (more »)
Mockingjay Part 1
Katniss, the girl on fire! This three story trilogy is based on fire as Katniss being known as The Girl On Fire because of her leadership skills and the way other people see her after her awesome entrance in the first Hunger Games. Katniss now... (more »)
Blended This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Not every movie can perfectly blend comedic and emotional scenes in one performance. Frank Coraci's Blended does just that though, and is a great example of this combination that happens to work beautifully. The movie is beautiful story that... (more »)
Big Hero 6 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
True to it's title, "Big Hero 6" is certainly as big as its name mentions it to be. Taking place in a futuristic and beautifully designed city, it shows friendship and suspenseful moments that help keep the plot moving. These are... (more »)
1 comment
Due Date
Get ready for an extremely funny movie that has no plot whatsoever. Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifinakis star in this comedy by The Hangover director Todd Phillips that’s almost exactly like the 1976 film Planes, Trains, and... (more »)
Catching Fire This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Boom! The sound of the cannon echoes from tree to tree. Another person is dead. You sit quietly; anticipating what can possibly come next. Once again, the movie business invites the audience back into the arena for the breathtaking sequel to The... (more »)
Titanic This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It's a tale as old as time: the story of star crossed lovers. From Adam and Eve's fatal union, to Romeo and Juliet's woeful romance, the idea of ill-fated amour is not one untouched in the world of film. However, in James Cameron's extraordinary... (more »)
Silver Linings Playbook This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Surely a drama about mental illness could not be funny, sad, and romantic. Or could it? In screenwriter/director David O. Russell’s movie Silver Linings Playbook, everyone feels a mix of emotions by the time that the final credits roll across... (more »)
Pitch Perfect This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The room is dark except for the spotlights shining on the stage. There’s no music, but there are ten girls with amazing voices. Jason Moore’s incredible movie, Pitch Perfect, takes a new spin on singing. This breathtaking movie will... (more »)
47 Ronin This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 Based on the actual Japanese legend, “47 Ronin” shows the courage, the loyalty, the bravery, and the honor of Japanese samurai.  This film also includes the character, Kai who is in turn a half breed. In his youth, Kai... (more »)