Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

A League of Their Own This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In the 1940’s when all the men were in Europe and Asia due to World War II, the first professional All-American girls baseball team was made. Each girl was recruited by a scout and brought to Chicago. Actor, Jon Lovitz plays the scout... (more »)
Repo! The Genetic Opera This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
This Halloween, everyone should take the time to add Repo! The Genetic Opera to their list of movies to watch. This 2008 rock opera is a film so few people know of. It is directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, and stars acclaimed actors such as Alexa... (more »)
Dead Man Walking This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Netflix, the library of movies online, or on any game system, has many fantastic movies that are worth seeing.  In 1995 the adaptation of Sister Helen Prejean’s non-fiction book Dead Man Walking hit the big screen. The horrifying and... (more »)
Annabelle
Annabelle is the spin-off of the movie “The Conjuring”.  Based on true events of a doll being possessed by a demon, Annabelle is a must-see movie this fall season.  Annabelle, directed by John R. Leonetti, contains thrilling events. ... (more »)
Chasing Mavericks
Autumn, waves, and California: a surfer’s dream is to chase a maverick, a dangerous wave located in northern California..  Jay Moriarty, an aspiring surfer, tries to fulfill his dream of surfing a dangerous wave.  Since a young... (more »)
The Maze Runner
Imagine waking up trapped in a metal cage with a group of strangers looking down at you, laughing, and you have no idea who you are or why you were there.  In the new movie, The Maze Runner, Thomas, played by Dylan O’Brien, is... (more »)
R.I.P.D.
Just like any movie, the trailer excites and impresses people into wanting to watch the movie. It chooses the best scenes to play and the right music. The trailer for R.I.P.D made me thrilled and pumped to see the movie, yet, when I actually... (more »)
Mean Girls This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Although it may seem cliché to many, Mean Girls remains America’s classic ‘chick flicks,’ of all time. Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan), moves to America from Africa and attends public school for the first time ever as a 16 year old high school... (more »)
Blackfish
"He is killing not to be a savage, he is not killing because he is crazy....He is killing because he is frustrated...he has no outlet for it." There are two instances where the editing in Blackfish is used to create suspense... (more »)
The Act of Killing
"We were more cruel than the movies." I will be analyzing the editing of two scenes from Joshua Oppenheimer's documentary The Act of Killing (2013). In a scene that takes place more than half way through the film Anwar... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The screen fades from black and we see a quiet, eerie corner of the galaxy. In the distance there's a double helix-shaped battleship made of some type of space stone. As the ship comes into view, the audience is made aware that this is the Dark... (more »)
Saving Private Ryan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If the audience for a film about World War II expects to see blood and action, the first twenty minutes of “Saving Private Ryan” should be satisfying. The film begins with the battle of D-Day and the Germans opening fire on American troops... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It’s really another day in the life of charming ruffian-thief Peter Quill, embarking on another little black-market trip to an abandoned planet—headphones on and everything. But with a few swift moves, he finds himself irrevocably... (more »)
1 comment
The Giver This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Before I dissect this movie for all that it is worth, I would like to adequately rename it from The Giver to The Taker. Since it took two hours of my life away. The movie opens up in a dystopia where practically everything is controlled by you... (more »)
Grand Torino This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The movie “Grand Torino,” has made a lasting impression on me.  The movie is both directed by and stars Eastwood, and is set in a once beautiful Detroit neighborhood which has been overrun by Hmong immigrants and gangs.  Eastwood plays a... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy, directed by James Gunn, is an action packed comedy about a group of criminal misfits who combine forces to save the galaxy from evil. The main character Peter Quill, played by Chris Pratt, is a human who was abducted... (more »)