Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Imitation Game This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Probably the best I have ever seen. The imitation game is a movie about Alan Turing the genius behind the idea of a machine with its own brain: the computer. The movie starts with Alan Turing applying for a top secret governmental job.... (more »)
The Hobbit This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Set in Middle Earth, The Hobbit trilogy is a series of movies full of action, adventure, war, some jokes, and even a little bit of romance. This series contains one of the greatest adventures of all time and having recently been released, the... (more »)
The Imitation Game This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Imitation Game is a movie about building a supercomputer and trying to break a German code machine with it: The Enigma. But throughout the movie, this plot is overshadowed by Alan Turing and his personal life. Turing was a homosexual in a... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
If you like Sci-Fi, comedy and action, you'll love this movie! Even if you're not a big fan of Sci-Fi you'll like it. Marvel did an awesome job on this one. The story is about a bunch of criminals who join forces to take down the powerful, evil... (more »)
The Lazarus Effect
The Lazarus Effect is a chilling, on the edge of your seat kind of movie. With loads of jump scares and an eerie kind of story plot, this movie is a good one for any horror fanatic. The main character Zoe is possesed by a demon after being... (more »)
Big Hero 6 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Big Hero 6,” Disney’s latest animated venture, is an action-packed adventure. Filled with tragic beginnings, loyal best friends, simple but witty humor, and a heroic and determined young lead, “Big Hero 6”... (more »)
1 comment
Heathers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“What is your damage, Heather?” With this quote, spoken early on in Michael Lehmann’s satirical high school film, “Heathers” set itself apart from typical teen movies. Released in 1988, the story follows whip-smart... (more »)
1 comment
Spellbound This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You want to be sure your bladder is empty before sitting down to watch “Spellbound,” because this nail-biting documentary doesn’t contain any dull moments to allow you to escape to the restroom. Directed by Jeffery Blitz,... (more »)
Invictus This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
South Africa has just broken free from apartheid  and is now facing the challenge of rebuilding the country. With Mandela as the new leader of South Africa he is now facing one of the many challenges as South Africa’s president and... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy
James Gunn brings in one of Marvel’s newest comics into a high-speed, emotional, and comedy filled movie. He brings in multiple well-known faces of Hollywood this time around with Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta, Vin Diesel as Groot, and... (more »)
Tangled This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
November 2010, Disney brought the treasured animated comedy 'Tangled' into our lives. A beautifully blonde, ambitious yet naive Rapunzel (voiced by Mandy Moore) embarks on an endangered adventure with Corona's most wanted criminal, Flynn Rider.... (more »)
7 comments
Under The Same Moon by Patricia
                                                                                 “Under The Same Moon” by Patricia Riggen... (more »)
Into the Woods This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Pittsburgh, PA
We've all heard the saying "Be careful what you wish for." The new movie, Into the Woods, portrays this saying on a directly. This modern remake of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, flips happily-ever-after upside down on itself.... (more »)
Simon Birch This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Simon Birch is a film that has the unmistakable stench of a boardroom attached to it. What I mean by this, is that it all feels artificial, and while some of the moments in the film are indeed quite emotional, they are also extremely cut... (more »)
Begin Again This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
When lost souls meet and music is made, there is bound to be magic. Girlfriend to rising singer-star Dave (Adam Levine), Greta (Keira Knightley) finds herself lost when he falls to temptations of success.  Exceutive record label producer Dan... (more »)
Kingsman This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Over President’s Weekend, I watched the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service, directed by Matthew Vaughn.  It is about an adolescent boy, named Gary “Eggsy” Unwin, who is recruited to train to become a potential secret... (more »)