Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

"She Is Not" Review
When I read “She is Not” by Margaux H., it made me feel empowered and confident in being myself.  It reminded me of how independent I really am and how I don’t need anyone else to define me. This is one of those easily... (more »)
Suicide Squad This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
First midnight showing since 2012's Prometheus. Bought tickets two weeks in advance. So pumped and excited. Couldn't wait. Oh, how utterly disappointing it was. Now, this may imply that I did not enjoy the film. I enjoyed it in the way one... (more »)
Blair Witch This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Deja vu is a feeling felt common throughout the eighty-seven minute running time of Blair Witch. The characters feel it from the retreading of familiar ground in the woods and finding the locations seen in footage from the woods. But the... (more »)
Bourne Identity This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Illustrious actor? Check. Action-packed thriller? Check. 2 hours of vivacious excellence? Check. Matt Damon transforms into a dangerous, invisible, 30 million dollar CIA weapon known as Jason Bourne, who ventures out to unveil the secrets of... (more »)
Sausage Party This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Be advised, this film, while animated, is not a kid-friendly movie. Sausage Party is pretty much the most offensive, disgusting, and utterly hilarious I have seen this year. You should expect this from a Seth Rogen movie. Whoever told him you... (more »)
Zootopia
I just recently watched Zootopia and I found the movie fascinating. It seems like a children's movie but it has an underlying theme that deals with problems we have today. When I noticed what the animals were protraying, everything made sense... (more »)
Evil Dead (2013) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The film’s tagline is “the most terrifying film you will ever experience.” It’s weird how accurate that tag is. Like that’s…really scary. Evil Dead is the 2013 horror remake directed by Fede Alvarez and... (more »)
A Series of Unfortunate Events This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It is quite rare to hear a voice within a movie advise you not to watch that movie currently on the screen. Logically, deceiving the audience with a happy little elf giggling and frolicking through a tiny village of singing flowers and... (more »)
It This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Imagine you are alone in pure placidity when a smiley, happy clown appears. The clown quickly hides itself and 5 seconds later, it reappears with a frown on its face. The clown is now moving closer, and closer to you… it is not a clown... (more »)
Captain America: Civil War This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In 2008, a billionare mogul became an armor clad superhero. 2009 came, and everyone's favorite rage monster smashed into the big screen.  In 2010, Iron Man returned, this time with a military veteran, armed with his own armored suit, and a... (more »)
X-Men: Apocalypse This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Times are changing. After the world watched Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) stop the metal-wielding Magneto (Michael Fassbender) from putting a bullet in the president, mutants aren’t a secret any longer. But as the remaining X-Men return to... (more »)
Ant-Man This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) isn’t your average criminal. He’s insanely skilled with a keyboard, and has a sense of fairness--enough to land him in jail. But when he returns, he’s not allowed to see his daughter until he can pay for child... (more »)
Don't Breathe This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Don't Breathe is a phenomenal step for the suspense genre. It presents the fairly unoriginal idea about a home invasion of an impaired victim and flips the roles such that the intruders are the protagonists.  The main characters, Rocky (Jane... (more »)
Pete's Dragon
Based off the 1977 movie-musical version by the same name, the 2016 version of Pete's Dragon flew beyond expectations.  When most of us rolled our eyes upon hearing the news that another Disney remake was in the works, we were ignorant to the... (more »)
Alice Through the Looking Glass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“I will restore order to the Universe.” Walking out of the movie theatre, the only quote I could remember was this so-heroic-that-it’s-funny line by Alice. My friends and I had a good laugh over this poorly worded line,... (more »)
Spaceballs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A gallon of “Star Wars,” mixed with a quart of “Star Trek,” a pint of “Alien,” a cup of “Planet of the Apes,” a fluid ounce of “It Happened One Night,” and thousands of sprinkles of... (more »)