Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Revenant
Being one of the biggest movies of the year, “The Revenant” is a great one. In being one of Leonardo DiCaprio’s biggest films it is said to be the one to give him his first Oscar award. This movie is about a man, Hugh Glass (DiCaprio),... (more »)
Guardians of the Galaxy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 In Guardians of the Galaxy (directed by James Gunn, 2014) Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) is an outlaw and aspiring legend. He roams the galaxy, searching for items to steal then sell. But when fate throws him, Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Rocket the... (more »)
The Hateful Eight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
"The Hateful Eight” just happens to be the eighth film made by Quentin Tarantino (get the joke?), director of such great films as “Pulp Fiction” and most recently “Django Unchained.” Kurt Russell stars as a... (more »)
Frida This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Frida” is the only film I have ever seen that not only captures the life of the artist, but could have been made by the artist herself had she been a film maker too. It is one thing to tell the story of an artist, but it is... (more »)
Interstellar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Director Christopher Nolan revealed this interesting tidbit about his collaboration with Hans Zimmer on “Interstellar”s score: “I said, ‘I am going to give you [Zimmer] an envelope with a letter in it. One page.... (more »)
Home by DreamWorks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Home is where the heart is” – this idiom that’s as old as time infers that home is where your loved ones are. But what do you do when the ones you love aren’t at home, and your lonely heart is lost somewhere out... (more »)
3 comments
Ramona and Beezus This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Based off the beloved novels by Beverly Cleary, Ramona and Beezus follows the adventures of an imaginative young girl whom is misjudged by her classmates, teacher, and older sister to be a complete nuisance.  Though she never intends for... (more »)
Silent Hill: Revelation This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
There are the bad movies. Then, there are the really bad movies. And then there is Silent Hill: Revelation, the 2012 horror film based on the game series of the same name. This movie isn’t just bad: it’s literally the worst movies of 2012... (more »)
Hot Pursuit
Hot Pursuit is an action movie about a cop who has to escort Daniella and take her to Dallas so her husband can testify against a drug lord. As Cooper goes to pick up Daniella, two gunmen and two cops start a shootout to kill her husband and... (more »)
The Force Awakens
On December 18th 2015, the theater dimmed.  Nothing to be seen except the glow of a few Jedi Younglings' lightsabers (even though they weren't supposed to have them inside the theater.)  All was silent but the sounds of many hearts beating... (more »)
Inside Out
They literally live in her head--Joy (voiced by Amy Poehler), Sadness (Phyllis Smith), Disgust (Mindy Kaling), Fear (Bill Hader), and Anger (Lewis Black). They love their girl Riley (Kaitlyn Dias), and have been there all her life, helping her... (more »)
Ride Along 2 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
While I’m all for a good comedy, I hate one that wastes its potential. I mean, I suppose I feel that way about any movie, regardless of trope or genre, but when you get both Kevin Hart and Ken Jeong into a movie, it’s up to the writer,... (more »)
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
Star wars the Empire strikes back is everything I hoped for it to be... But not more . The movie satisfied every fanatic part of me that had been desperately waiting patiently for the seventh movie to come out for months. It had the bitter sweet... (more »)
Temple Grandin
"Temple Grandin” -based on a true story- is an inspirational, heartwarming biography about a young women struggling with autism and how she achieved great things in spite of her limitations. As a young girl, Temple (Clair Danes) was diagnosed... (more »)
Radio
This movie has broken me. I am so confused, and I don’t know how to react. I didn’t like the movie, nor did I dislike the movie. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad. It is the perfect example, the poster child, of a movie so... (more »)
The 5th Wave
Based on the novel by Rick Yancey, "The 5th Wave" will have you on the edge of your seat. This movie was not only a great film, but a great adaptation of the book as well. The director (Jonathan J Blakeson) did a fantastic job on this movie and... (more »)