Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

Poseidon Rex This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Imagine your worst nightmare. You're being chased by some hideous goon or you're jumping off a 100ft cliff into a deep abyss. You awake sweaty, shaken, and clearly disturbed; you settle down because you realize it was just a dream and... (more »)
The Giver This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In the Communities, Jonas (Brenton Thwaites) faces among other sixteen-year-olds a life-changing milestone, the Choosing. On that evening, his life will be forever altered in that his job, his purpose in life will be determined. But when he is... (more »)
Avengers: "Age of Ultron" This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Avengers A-- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is a great mix of dark and fun at the same time, but does this film deliver after the whole Phase 2 build up? Does it surpass the original and live up to all our expectations? Sadly, we... (more »)
Speed This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Speed”, a Jan De Bont’s action-thriller movie, brings you to a heart-racing journey that seems endless. With no signs of cessation, you might find yourself holding your breath.   The film is about a Los Angeles Police Department cop,... (more »)
A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The film is shot in an intense black and white, which amplifies rather than detracts from the tragic storyline of A Streetcar Named Desire, Elia Kazan’s film-make of Tennessee William’s heated drama. The characters – now... (more »)
Edge of Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Major William Cage (Tom Cruise) faces a crisis; the world has disintegrated into unsolvable chaos, with an alien race of Mimics intent on taking the Earth for good. But that’s not his problem; he’s content on advocating the latest military... (more »)
Cinderella This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Will the slipper fit? A beautiful maiden, a dreamy ball, Prince Charming, and the shoe of a lifetime. We all know the classic of the Frenchman Charles Perrault (then “Cendrillon”), but Disney seems to outdo itself in the latest rendition of... (more »)
Into the Woods This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Before I watched Into the Woods I went online to get a basic plot summary because I do not like surprises and the commercials gave nothing away concerning what it was about. What I found did not extinguish my fear of watching the movie, in fact... (more »)
Pacific Rim This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
"When alien life entered our world, it was from deep beneath the Pacific Ocean. A fissure between two tectonic plates. A portal between dimensions. The Breach." And the aliens that came soon came to be known as Kaiju (Strange... (more »)
Soul Surfer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Based on the inspiring true story of surfing champion Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm to a shark attack when she was thirteen years old, “Soul Surfer” is strong faith-filled movie for the whole family. If you are looking for an... (more »)
Birdman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Thank the film gods for “Birdman”! It is a beautifully artistic film, and those appear in cinemas only every so often. This is an epic story of the inward and outward effects of the ego on main character Riggan Thomson (Michael... (more »)
Man of Steel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wanted to love director Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel,” I really did. The man understands action, he knows how to frame a scene, and he can tell a story. The problems that generally plague his work are weak casting and a... (more »)
3 comments
Capote This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It all started with The Hunger Games. Not what you were expecting, huh? Well it’s true, in a sorta roundabout way. See, when I first saw Phillip Seymour Hoffman in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire I thought he was a pretty good actor and a good... (more »)
12 Angry Men (1957) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Just seen it and boy was I amazed. Never have I been so intrigued with a movie with just dialogue for the most part. It proves that you don't need big budget CGI visuals or A-List actors or even breathtaking action sequences to deliver an... (more »)
Memento
When Greek playwrights and philosophers defined the first tragic characters in Oedipus and Antigone, they created an archetype that would inspire writers long after their time. The idea that the powerful wish of a noble hero faces inevitable... (more »)
The Hurt Locker This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
When asked by The New Yorker what the title The Hurt Locker means screenwriter, Mark Boal, explained, "If a bomb goes off, you're going to be in the hurt locker. That's how they used it in Baghdad. It means slightly different things to different... (more »)