Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Penguins of Madagascar This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Madagascar movie franchise has come out with so many movies it’s hard to keep track. However, their newest edition to their cinematic collection has been a long time in the making, and is certainly one of its best. The Penguins of... (more »)
Chef (2014) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I’ve never been much of a foodie. Sure, I like a cheeseburger and fries as much as the next guy, but truth be told I can’t really tell a soufflé from a sous-chef. Thankfully, when I decided on a whim to investigate Jon Favreau’s Chef, I... (more »)
Inside Out This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The newest Disney-Pixar movie Inside Out has skyrocketed to the top of the charts as the highest-grossing, original property opening of all time. Centered inside the mind of eleven-year-old Riley Andersen, (voiced by Kailtyn Dias) it paints an... (more »)
Inside Out This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Pete Docter is known for being the genius behind Toy Story, Up, and Monster’s Inc, and he delivers again with Inside Out. The film  is another inspirational, and innovative gem from the master storyteller. It follows the tale of... (more »)
Escape from Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
2013's Sundance Film Festival was, as always, full of films that spanned a broad spectrum. Between dramas, comedies, documentaries, and horror movies, there was always stuff to find there. With such films as Don Jon (Joseph Gordon-Levitt's... (more »)
The Minion Movie This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Minions, best known from the hit movie Despicable Me have taken the internet (and the world) by storm. You can’t even check your facebook without coming across a post containing one of these yellow, overall-clad, goggle-wearing creatures-... (more »)
2 comments
Big Eyes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Walter Keane (Christoph Waltz) reduced the world to silence with his portraits of sad, “big-eyed” children. The world couldn’t get enough, and the waifs transformed into an unbelievable empire of seller modern art. Though it took ten years... (more »)
Artifice and Genocide
For my documentary project, I decided to focus on brutal regimes, mostly in and around Asia. I watched The Missing Picture and The Act Of Killing. Both of them play with the idea of artifice, The Act of Killing playing off of the storied war... (more »)
Dead Poets Society This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Long Beach, CA
“Dead Poets Society” is a film directed by Peter Weir about an English teacher (Robin Williams) inspiring his students through poetry.   The story takes place at a Prep school in New England where a new English teacher comes to fill in.... (more »)
The Prince of Egypt This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Growing up in the late 1990s and early 2000s, my childhood consisted of many animated movies. From Pixar classics like Toy Story, Bug’s Life, and The Lion King, to Nickelodeon movies like The Rugrats, made me assume that animated movies (or... (more »)
Lucy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Bright young college student Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) is tricked by her boyfriend (Johan Philip Asbaek) to being trafficked into a dark drug deal. But when the cartel tries to use her to transport a bag of potent drugs, the chemical... (more »)
Palo Alto This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Palo Alto - Gia Coppola’s adaption of a James Franco’s short story collection - is about teenagers’ half-hearted attempts to toy with trouble; to rebel. Coppola focuses less on a doomed generation, but rather a generation that has been... (more »)
Terminator Genisys This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“I’ll be back.” Anyone who is a big sci-fi movie fan remembers this famous line spoken by action hero icon, Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1984 James Cameron flick “The Terminator.” Since then, the series has catapulted to somewhat of a... (more »)
Careful What You Wish For This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Doug is just a typical teenager. But one summer, his life starts to change when he meets Lena, a girl his age yet married to a rich middle-aged man. A secret affair blooms between them, and the chance to keep it shut is as slim as a pole.  ... (more »)
The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The stage is set for the battle that will define Middle Earth. Bilbo (Martin Freeman) and the Company of Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) have made it to great mountain hall, Erebor, and seek to claim it for their kin. Yet even as the great... (more »)
Jurassic World This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 Over 20 years after the very first dinosaur graced the big screen in front of millions, the captivating ancient reptiles are back and bigger than ever in Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World. This highly anticipated return of the world's most... (more »)