Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

The Maze Runner This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A boy named Thomas remembers nothing but his name and he is carried up in a monstrous, loud and rusty freight elevator. He sees the doors open and the glistening sun blinds his eyes, and dozens of other boys gather around. Thomas stands and... (more »)
Whiplash This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Almost everyone knows someone that has pushed you to excel. It could be the coach who challenges you to run the extra lap. Maybe it's the teacher who knows you can study harder and make the grade. Or it could be a parent who loves you enough to... (more »)
Black Swan This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
i. Synopsis Black Swan is a psychological thriller directed by Darren Aronofsky in which the main character Nina Sayers, portrayed by Natalie Portman, struggles with the preservation of her image, the pressure of being a great ballet... (more »)
Witching and Bitching
        The opening sequence of Alex de Ia Iglesia’s kitchen sink, horror-slapstick comedy Witching & Bitching both transcends and replicates any ideal scene in a movie called Witching & Bitching: A pawn-shop heist carried out by... (more »)
The Imitation Game This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, is an excellent movie about the math professor Alan Turing who cracked the German Enigma. With his group, he created a machine to crack all codes that the Enigma could spit. It is estimated that... (more »)
Into the Woods This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The translation from stage to screen has always been a delicate one. But director Rob Marshall has hit gold before (with “Chicago,” for example). And “Into the Woods” is an enjoyable movie-musical experience for the most... (more »)
1 comment
The Giver This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Based on the acclaimed novel by Lois Lowry and directed by Phillip Noyce, “The Giver” made its debut in theaters last summer. The poignant story takes place in a supposedly utopian city created after “the ruin,” a... (more »)
1 comment
Safe Haven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My favorite type of movie is romance, and “Safe Haven” is one of the best I have seen in theaters in years. If you are looking for a charming romance with an exciting surprise at the end, then you will fall in love with this movie.... (more »)
Robin Hood: Prince of Theives This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
We all know the basic story of Robin Hood. Robin=good guy outlaw. Marian=pretty lady. Sheriff of Nottingham=dumb and cruel. And while this film adds more depth to these characters, it also makes a few other interesting embellishments.... (more »)
Non-Stop This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 Meet Bill Marks. A middle-aged man boarding British Aqualantic Flight 10 from New York to London, alcoholic, divorced, and has a fear of flying. Pretty normal guy. The only thing that separates him from the rest of the passengers is that... (more »)
Jiro Dreams of Sushi This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Everyone, at times, struggles with the universal question: What is success? Many pursue a comfortable lifestyle, others happiness, yet others pursue love, power, etc. The titular Jiro is left undefined by all of these categories. This... (more »)
Forrest Gump This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
During winter break, I was recommended to watch a movie called “Forrest Gump.” At first, I was unsure about watching it because it was a nineties movie; I am not a big fan of nineties movies. In the first couple of minutes, I... (more »)
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
One of the most interesting movies that I have watched on Netflix is Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. The action, thriller, and dramatic story gets me thinking about how difficult it is to work as a CIA agent. In this movie, Jack must accomplish his... (more »)
The Lego Movie This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
We have all played with Lego, and probably still do. We either follow the blueprint in the box, or we create something wild from our own imagination. For many, Lego has played a very important role in their childhood, and is a toy loved by all.... (more »)
She's the Man This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Everyone has a secret but usually it is not stealing your twin brother’s identity over a soccer issue. She’s The Man, filmed in 2006 starring Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum, is a very modernized take on... (more »)
2 comments
Thor: The Dark World This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Onalaska, WI
Marvel's Thor: The Dark World is about what you'd expect: action, adventure, and a lot of hammer takedowns. This time around, the thought-to-be-extinct Dark Elves, an evil race that tried to destroy the universe long ago, are back. Thor's... (more »)