Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

Jungle Book (2016)
This CGI-filled, 1960s Disney movie remake is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Not only does “The Jungle Book” satisfy fans of the original movie, but gives this generation a new reason to fall in love with beloved characters... (more »)
Mr. Holmes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Mr. Sherlock Holmes (Ian McKellen) was once the detective sensation of London. Now in his nineties, he is retired in a remote countryside recluse, cultivating his garden beehive. But the once grand sleuth is in turmoil. He struggles to remember... (more »)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Exhilarating and action-filled, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a watch-it-again  movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and it is one of my ultimate favorite... (more »)
Inside out
Have you ever heard the phrase, 'her emotions are out of control'? Well, for Riley, they are. Her personified emotions of Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust are scrambling to get evereything in order after Riley's core memories,... (more »)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the...
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is no doubt one of my favorite Disney movies. This movie of Pirates of the Caribbean has three main characters that it follows Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), and... (more »)
Saving Private Ryan
By , circleville, OH
Saving Private Ryan is a war movie set in ww2. It is about a soldier who has three other brothers who die in combat during ww2. He is supposed to return home to his mother but nobody knew where he was. Then a group of soldiers is supposed to go... (more »)
High School Musical
By , williamsport, OH
The movie high school musical is a fun packed movie filled with lots of singing, and adventurous things anyone would love. The movie starts at a vacation resort where the very handsome Troy Bolton, Zac Efron, and his family go and stay at during... (more »)
By , Melbourne, FL
Captain America was good.What stood out to me most was how hard and heart-wrenching it was for me to pick a side. Team Captain America seemed like the moral good choice, but Ironman also has a compelling argument that also seemed reasonable.... (more »)
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America Civil war was an outstanding movie and probably my favorite superhero movie or what I think is the best superhero movie to date.Captain America movies always brings in excitement to everyone and are masterpieces of cinema.Civil... (more »)
Zootopia This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I'm not usually supportive of movies with oppression narratives that don’t feature actual oppressed groups of people (see: The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, etc.) — or at least, not of that aspect of them (I’ve been a diehard... (more »)
Cinderella This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Will the slipper fit? A beautiful maiden, a dreamy ball, Prince Charming, and the shoe of a lifetime. We all know the classic of the Frenchman Charles Perrault (then “Cendrillon”), but Disney seems to have outdone itself in the... (more »)
Roger Waters: The Wall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In many ways, “Roger Waters: The Wall” represents part of what the original movie adaptation of the Pink Floyd double album “The Wall” was originally supposed to be. Instead of the fictionalized version of the story the... (more »)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is a film directed by Zack Snyder that follows 2013’s “Man of Steel.” Henry Cavill once again stars as the Last Son of Krypton, who is now dealing with the consequences of his... (more »)
2 comments
On the Waterfront This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
How do I love “On the Waterfront”? Let me count the ways. Starring Marlon Brando and Eva Marie Saint, this landmark film won eight Academy Awards, and for good reason. The story is unconventional and surprisingly gritty as it... (more »)
Captain America: Civil War
The long-awaited film is finally here. A clash of two sides alike in strength. The technologically advanced Tony Stark against the  Super Soldier known as Captain America. What could possibly happen?... (more »)
The Notebook
The movie “The Notebook” may be my favorite movie of all time. This “The Notebook” movie is about a girl and boy that fall in love. They are about 21 years old. The girl in the story is named Allison "Allie" Hamilton  who is played... (more »)