Cars Review | Teen Ink

Cars Review

By Carson7707 BRONZE, Lisbon, Wisconsin
Carson7707 BRONZE, Lisbon, Wisconsin

“Cars”  is an animated film that tells the story of rookie racer Lightning McQueen, a cocky race car who, on the way to the Piston Cup championship, learns the importance of friendship. The film takes place in Radiator Springs, a fictional town which is brought to life with realistic visuals such as the bright lights on the track reflected off the glossy cars, the sparkling water, or the great mountains in the horizon.

Cars has a very humorous voice cast consisting of Owen Williams as Lightning McQueen and Larry the Cable Guy as Mater. These two make a dynamic duo throughout the movie and are engaging to the audience. They both make performances that make them feel authentic and relatable such as how fun it can be to meet new people and you never know someone until you try. They also go through struggles with one another and are not always living in a perfect world. The importance is how they get through disagreements and difficult situations by being there for one another and having each other's backs.

Lightning McQueen starts out as a selfish and arrogant racer, but as he spends more and more time with the community of Radiator Springs he learns from them and begins to see the value of friendship and community. McQueen's transformation is well portrayed as towards the beginning of the movie is hated by the Radiator Springs community because he thinks he is so much better than them. Towards the end he is loved and welcomed by all of them because he realized how arrogant he was. The community is built entirely on friendship and people from any age can learn from the lessons in the movie.

The film features thrilling race scenes and comedic moments that will keep the audience engaged. Supporting characters, Sally voiced by Bonnie Hunt, and Doc Hudson voiced by Paul Newman add depth and heart to the story making it an enjoyable film for the viewer. Doc Hudson is a retired professional racer who teaches McQueen his tricks and shows him his legacy. Sally adds heart to the story as she is who McQueen falls in love with.

When I first watched the film Cars I was blown away. I could never have imagined how well built the movie was until I watched it and discovered it checked off everything I could’ve wanted in a movie. Overall, Cars is a great animated film that delivers a powerful message of friendship and teamwork. With its amazing animation, engaging characters, and heartfelt story it is sure to entertain people of all ages.