the corps bride | Teen Ink

the corps bride

March 18, 2009
By Anonymous

A young man prepares to be wed and is very nervous about the whole thing. Victor Van Dort (Johnny Depp) decides to leave the town so he won't make a fool of him self or Victoria Everglot (Emily Watson) when he enters the woods he decides to practice his vows and the storey begins.

Victor Van Dort is a very shy and to himself man who wants to impress his soon to be parents in-law, but instead he acts like a fool. By the way he's my favorite character. Victoria Everglot is a very well behaved woman who thinks Victor is handsome even when he messes up. Finally the corps bride (Helen Bonham Carter) is a deceased bride who was once married to the man who is trying to steel Victoria from Victor. Those are the three main characters in the movie.

When a shy groom practices his wedding vows in the woods, deceased women arises from her grave to be newly wed. That's what gets Victor in a knot through the whole movie, but you get the wonderful lesson of: what comes around goes around (which will unravel in the movie)

This movie is a wonderful way to understand how to act to others. The characters, genres, animation, and fantasy, musical and romance) effects and music in this in this movie make it worth while.

I rate this movie 5 stars!