Furious 7 | Teen Ink

Furious 7

By king_e SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
king_e SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Greatness has no peak

“Furious 7” was called the best Fast and Furious movie yet and I couldn't agree more. The action filled movie lived up to its name. It was also emotional to die hard fans of the series and fans in general after watching the beloved Paul Walker in the movie after learning about his horrible death. Paul who was 40, died in a high-speed car crash on November 30th, 2013 while sitting in the passenger seat of a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. For the cast and crew and even his brothers who helped finish the movie after his death was a perfect way for them to pay their respects to the actor who was loved dearly by millions. To be able see to him do what he does best with such a hardworking cast that have been with each other since 2000 is such a honor.

So you know when you watch a Fast and Furious film that you are gonna get a lot of action and suspense and of course, cars! It's crazy because it's not just that! When you watch the movie, any Fast & Furious movie, you feel like you're home, that you're in the Toretto family when you watch it. You feel very connected with the characters. I think that's why I and millions of others love the film.

If you watched the first Fast and Furious film, you know it was in LA. That was home for the characters. So home is where Furious 7 starts. Back in L.A., we are at the Toretto house which was in previous Fast and Furious films. This is where trouble starts where Dom gets a package from Deckard, played  by Jason Statham, and Come house is blown up. In no time, Brian, Dom, his love Letty, played by Michele Rodriguez, their tech-wiz Tej, played by Ludacris, and Roman, played by Tyrese Gibson, are on the road to get revenge. New faces are featured when Kurt Russell plays a covert government operative Mr. Nobody, who wants the Fast & Furious crew to enter the terrorist lair of Mose Jakande played by Djimon Hounsou, and get Ramsey, played by Nathalie Emmanuel, who is a computer hacker who invented a software program called God's Eye that can track anyone anywhere using the simplest digital devices. In exchange, they can use God's Eye to find Deckard.

With this plot and the action-filled, sitting on the edge of your seat stunts, no wonder this was a hit! Me thinking about the stunts like when Brian jumped from the bus that was slipping off the edge of a cliff and landed on the back of Letty's car. Or when Dom was in the car and flew out of like an 80th floor window and was flying, yes flying, into another window and almost killed himself, and others, when he jumped out of the car before it flew out another window! Just the stunts alone make me wanna go see the movie again and again and again!

The movie is a flat out hit and I would give it 5 stars! An amazing cast and crew who worked their butts off to finish the movie under the circumstances and with a new director in James Wan. I congratulate them. I really do. The filmmakers figured out a way to give Brian a happy ending in a way. “Furious 7” is a hit and if I were you, I would go see it again, whether if you did already or didn't!