Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

June 11, 2015
By Leoha BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Leoha BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I believe most of the people watch the Harry Potter movies. It is generally accepted that Harry Potter are the most successful film series in the history. The footage and exciting plots attract countless fans. Many people know that there is a small wizard, a black frame glasses on top of his nose, who is always on broomsticks flying in the air, and with a mysterious scar. The boy's name is Harry Porter. I deemed that Harry is a brave boy, because his parents were killed by Lord Voldemort when he was a baby, and he lived through a bullying life with his uncle and aunt. On his 11th birthday, he learned about the magical world from his father’s friend. He decided to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and start his wizardry learning career, where he met 2 of his best friends Ron and Hermione,who help him to over come his obstacle when fighting Lord Voldemort.


But personally I think that, Harry Potter series are better than the film, because the movie missed many exciting plot.. But overall Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is still a great movie with fantastic special effects. For example, the cafeteria of the school, where the ceiling looks like sky and food appear in just 1 second with ghosts flying around. That might be the most amazing view.


Of course, when  Daniel Radcliffe play Harry Potter, all these scene that we saw didn’t exist. He’s acting technique are underrated by most people because they don’t know how hard it is to film this kind of movie. Let me show you an example, when Harry is pulled or drag by a monster he is actually been pulled by a human with rope on a green floor, so he need to imagine the scene himself, and pretend there are monsters pulling his leg. He is an indefatigable young actor who can endure all these kind of acting with nothing but green floor for the whole 7 series.


In the end, i just want to tell you that this movie have a great beginning, but get ready to yell out: “IT SUCK” for the ending. I recommended those of you, who didn’t read the book to watch the film. The books are the second best selling in the world just behind the Bible. Due to the time limit of the movie, some plot point in the book are excluded, so you might not find the stories that you have read in the book.