Mockingjay Part 1 | Teen Ink

Mockingjay Part 1

“Mockingjay Part 1” is the third movie to “The Hunger Games” series of movies.  “The Hunger Game” movie is originally based off of the book series The Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins. The book series is about the twelve districts of North America.  Every year there is a reaping that takes place in each district to determine who will participate in this years Hunger Games.  The main character, Katniss Everdeen, sacrifices herself to participate in the games after her sister was chosen for the reaping.  The Hunger Games take place in order to remind the citizens of the districts that there will not be another revolt against the capital like the abandoned District 13 tried to do.  In the end of the movie, Katniss and Peeta win the Hunger Games but that does not mean there fight with the capital is done.

In the following movie, Peeta and Katniss must pretend that they are in love to convince the viewers that they could not live without each other and is the reason why both of them survived the games.  After being readmitted into the games, Katniss tries puts a stop to the game and tries to spark up a rebellion against the capital.

“I love The Hunger Game series and I can’t get enough of it.  The movies are always so exciting and get your blood pumping,” says junior, Sarah.

In the new movie, Katniss Everdeen puts a stop to the games and goes to District 13 after District 12 has been destroyed.  She meets President Coin there who convinces her that she will become the symbol of the rebellion.  Katniss also hopes to save Peeta from the capital after being abducted and held captive. 

According to RollingStone magazine, the movie was nothing less than a success.  The movie was directed very nicely and came out blazing either more than the previous movies!

“I went to see the movie on the first day that it came out and it was so good I couldn’t even handle it.  I went the next day to see it again, because the movie was so awesome,” says sophomore, Liz.