Smokey and the Bandit | Teen Ink

Smokey and the Bandit

By WRXderek04 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
WRXderek04 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Everybody in my generation loves action movies involving cars. Most people refer to the Fast and the Furious series as the greatest car-themed action movies, including the awesome Vin Diesel as well as the now late Paul Walker. I however feel there is a better movie for car fans, and it isn't from the 21st century or even the two decades before that. Yeah, it was made in the seventies! Smokey and the Bandit was made by universal studios in 1977. This movie really has it all: a cool car, a beautiful girl, and lots of action. Let's get on thing straight, Bandit is the main character (the "Protagonist"), while Smokey is a derogatory name for the cops of the day. Bandit (Burt Reynolds) in the movie's star, a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, along with his buddy make a huge gamble that they can bootleg a trailer of Coors' beer from Texas to Georgia in 48 hours. Along the crazy adventure, Bandit picks up a hot bride (not) to be (Sally Field), A smokey (Played by the hilarious Jackie Gleason) tails him, amongst some other random problems. If you are a car guy (or girl) this is the movie for you. There is plenty of action to keep you on edge til the very last second.

Enjoy your latest late night movie with some popcorn!