Twilight

Twilight

“Twilight”, an eerie love story based on the bestselling novels by Stephanie Meyer, is a captivating film that draws in its audience from the very beginning. The movie follows the story of Bella Swann (Kristen Stewart) after moving from sunny Arizona to the miserable little town of Forks to live with her dad, Charlie. She expects next to nothing from the move, save for same, gut-wrenching disappointment that caused her mother to leave Charlie seventeen years ago. All that changes on her first day of school, when she meets Edward (Robert Pattinson), her impossibly handsome lab partner who's hiding a terrifying secret: He's not entirely…human. By the time Bella realizes this, she's already fallen hard for the vamp, giving the story a modern twist on the forbidden romance of Romeo and Juliet.

Co-stars Pattinson and Stewart slip into their roles with seamless precision. Pattinson portrays Edward perfectly, making his inner struggle known to the audience; often with no words at all. Stewart, in turn, is the perfect image of Bella: just as beautiful as she is unsure of herself and everything that she stands for. Their chemistry on-set makes the love they have for each other seem tangible, to point where it feels like the audience is intruding on their most treasured memories.

Twilight, one of my favorite books for the last two years, has suddenly become one of my favorite movies as well. It's the perfect remedy for a broken heart, the kind of movie that makes you feel good even on the rainiest of days. The movie brings to life all the typical struggles of teen life, while simultaneously making you wish you lived in Forks after all.

bubbasamantha said...
I agree with you! It's hard to explain how I feel when I see this movie, the way Edward and Bella love each other so much! Their love is so convincing on-screen to the point of tears! Now I always start to bawl when I hear Bella's Lullaby, because there's some sort of feeling there that I can't really explain. Hopefully, some of you people feel the exact same way as me and can comprehend what I'm saying!

essay said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:01 am:
You guys rock!

Mrs. A said...
Katie-Your article was well written and shows your potential for greatness. Now I must see the movie. Keep up the good work.

lugie said...
Dec. 14, 2008 at 1:22 am:
Katie,
This is superb. I only wish Kathy could be here to read it. You are certainly a blossoming young writer. You hold the reader's attention and create an atmosphere where we want to join you where you have been. It's amazing. I want to read the book and see the movie also. Keep up the great work!!

karenv said...
What a great review! I just finished the book and loved it. After reading your review it is a must see. Keep reaching for the stars!!!

Deeser said...
Hey
Once again you amaze me ! You are a very talented young lady. Only good things await you. Great job on the movie review. Now I guess I need to go see it myself.

mrsrandall said...
Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:14 am:
Katie,
Superb!!! I wish I had your talent for writing. I was taken in with your first paragraph. I have been curious about this book series and the movie and now I am even more curious after reading your review. Great Job!!

BPHILLI replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
best review ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

JoanneC said...
Great review - written like a true professional. I can now tell my daughter that the movie is as good as the book!!! Thanks

ckush said...
Really fun to read your review. Hope this site will let you review many times more! I'll tune in if they do.

soccrmom said...
Dec. 3, 2008 at 3:55 am:
One of the best film critiques I've read in a long time. Katie's clear, concise, yet descriptive commentary was exceptional -- outstanding for a young writer. Kudos to Katie.

fellow writer said...
This could have been in Slate! or NYTimes! Hope to see you there someday, Katie!

vnovawildcats22 said...
Hey Katie!! Your article was very descriptive and was written very well. It was fabulous and you are well on your way to becoming famous!!

mrsferris said...
Katie,
I enjoyed reading your review. I haven't seen the movie yet but I am looking forward to it
Mrs. Ferris

lovetoshopsharon said...
Great Article Katie! I really enjoyed it.

Greg said...
Dec. 4, 2008 at 1:08 am:
Katie-
This review was sooooo good, nice job! I gave it 5 stars. It gave me a completely different look on the movie, i'll definately give it a second shot. You're such a good writer and you're going to go so far with writing.
"Shoot for the moon. Even if u miss you will land among the stars." -Les Brown

Karen BW said...
Katie,
You are an exceptional writer.
Your future is very bright!!
Congratulations.

Sister W. said...
Katie, This is great writing. You have peeked my curiosity so much that I will have to go see the movie. You are exceptional!!! Keep writing!

Me Beth said...
Outstanding Katie! The article captured me with the opening sentence. Details are layed out in a logical and non-repetitve manner. I am usually a "skimmer" of written text, but I read every word.

mrsfuga said...
Dec. 5, 2008 at 12:12 am:
Katie, I enjoyed reading your article. I knew since third grade you had a gift for writing. Congratulations!