The Hunt For Red October | Teen Ink

The Hunt For Red October MAG

Recently I went to see "The Hunt For Red October." This movie, in my opinion, is one of the best action movie I have seen in years. It surpasses "Die Hard" in acting and credibility with Sean Connery (recently seen in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," "The Three Fugitives") as a Russian general in command of the submarine "Red October." Alec Baldwin did a great job in playing the American spy, and added a bit of comic relief to this thriller.

The plot is very complicated, and if you don't pay attention one hundred percent of the time, you might miss a crucial part of the movie. Although at first the plot seems like your classic "The Russians are coming to blow up North America" story line, the plot thickens and a few twists are thrown in.

Its one negative point might be its length, which seems a bit long for the material. But it also adds to building of the great climax, which was worth the wait.

This movie, with its well-known actors, was a hit even before it hit the big screen. The book was a best seller, and there is already a computer game out called "The Hunt for Red October," in which you take the part of the commander of the Red October.

I would strongly suggest seeing this if you are into suspense and action. Although there is not as much blood and guts as other action movies, the quality, acting and story line compensate in "Red October." n