The Strangers | Teen Ink

The Strangers

November 14, 2008
By Anonymous

“The Strangers” is a horror movie that has a bloody preview of the end of the movie at the beginning. This horror movie is a true story about a family that happened to be home when strangers felt like killing. When I watched this movie I learned that you shouldn't answer the door for strangers.
James Hoyt (Scott Speedman) proposed to his love Kristen McKay. Kristen McKay (Liv Tyler) rejected James because she felt like it wasn't the right time. The two were staying at Jame's grandfather's house in the middle of nowhere for the weekend. Once they got home James showed Kristen everything he had done for her because he thought she was going to say yes. While they were arguing someone knocked at the door, and wasn't going to leave until they answered. James went and answered it, and a strange girl was asking for Tyra but he told her that no one with that name lived there. After she left James wanted to get out of the house and go for a drive. Kristen was home all alone and the strange girl was knocking on the door again, and there was a strange man at the window with a mask on. She called James and told him what was going on and that's when the phone line got disconnected.
I haven't seen many movies with these actors, but I really liked Liv Tyler in this film. She played a young woman who is going through a tough time having rejected James, who she loves a lot but isn't ready to marry. Usually in films the woman actors/ actresses that have to be scared or scream and run don't play the part very well. So, over all, she was a great actress and this movie was really good.
When you watch this movie you have to think about how the people get around so fast. You look at one place, and then they are gone. This movie most likely has special effects. People can move but not that fast and that quietly. When you watch it you will notice they will be right next to them and then will be miles away. The special effects aren't noticeable, so it looks really good put together.
Of all the scary movies I have seen lately this one has been my favorite. It is not really scary like monsters but things pop out of nowhere and it really makes you jump. After I heard this movie was a true story it made me wonder why people would do that, it couldn't be fun to kill someone. One thing I didn't like about this movie is the beginning, because it kind of ruins the end of the movie. Over all this movie was really good and at the top of my horror movie list.
The ending of this movie was disappointing. They scared the young couple and you hurt them occasionally but wouldn't kill them till morning. When the sun came up they finally stopped playing dumb and caught the couple and tied them to a chair and slowly killed them. So, the movie was all intense until the end.