Star Trek: Generations This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Making a difference." In Star Trek: Generations, the crew of the Enterprise goes through their usual bumps and bruises. However, this time they go through much more than that.

In the spirit of the original Star Trek series, the writers have attempted to connect the two series together in one movie. It begins with the Enterprise-B setting out on its maiden voyageand picks up 78 years later, with the promotion of Worf. Captain Picard, however, is stricken with a message informing him of his brother's and nephew's deaths. He realizes that because he has no family, the Picard clan has now come to an end.

Further exploring his "human" side, Data experiments with the "emotion chip" his creator invented. Now fussed to his positronic brain, Data is overwhelmed with emotions. In an attempt to escape them, he asks Picard to deactivate him. Picard tells Data that he must learn to live with his emotions, like all humans do.

Star Trek has long represented the many issues facing society today with their own unique perspective. In Star Trek: Generations, they confront suicide, exploring one's self, and most of all, living life to its fullest. As Picard said, "It's not how long you live life, it's how you live it." .