The Life of David Gale | Teen Ink

The Life of David Gale MAG

Touching upon one of the most debated topics of the twenty-first century, "The Life of David Gale" is a thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat demanding to know more than the director wants you to. Starring Kevin Spacey, Laura Linney, Kate Winslet and a great supporting cast, the movie leaves you wrestling with the idea of whether or not you're really in favor of the death penalty or not.

Spacey stars as David Gale, an alcoholic (who also happens to be one of the leading death penalty abolitionists) who ends up on death row after signs at the murder of one of his closest friends and collaborator against the death penalty (by Laura Linney) point to him. In an effort to prove his innocence, Gale brings in a young reporter (Kate Winslet) to uncover the truth before his time runs out.

Just when you think you've solved the murder and are ready to prove Gale innocent, director Alan Parker inserts another twist that will leave you questioning your verdict. This movie does a great job of setting up the characters and giving you information that never seems quite enough to crack the case.

By the end, you're left believing how real the movie could actually become and wondering, more than ever, if you're for or against the death penalty. It just might change your mind.

This movie is rated R.

i love this so much!