AVP: Alien vs. Predator This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When it comes to hardcore alien and predator fight scenes, "AVP" is a great movie. No matter how impressive some scenes may be, though, the movie lacks a strong plot. Lasting only 87 minutes, there's barely time to understand and relate to the characters. By the time the viewer is finally introduced to the men and women on the expedition, they are either dead or have disappeared.

The movie begins with a satellite imaging report showing an increase in temperature over the Atlantic. After some study by Charles Bishop Weyland (Lance Henriksen) and his team, they are able to create 3D imaging of a great temple deep under the ice. With this find, they immediately create a team with archaeologist Sebastian De Rosa (Raoul Bova) to read hieroglyphics and Lex Woods (Sanaa Lathan), the guide in the voyage, and set off.

Unknown to the group, Predators use the temple as a ritual hunting ground and thaw it out every hundred years. As it thaws, the predators keep an eye on the unsuspecting humans. Once camp is set up and the team begins its descent into the temple, the Aliens arrive, and the battle begins.

All in all, the movie isn't as great as it could have been. Had it been longer, the plot deeper, and the characters better developed, this could have been a five-star film, but as is, I give it an average three stars.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

wolverinesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21 at 4:04 pm:
hey dude this movie is awesome