You Got Served | Teen Ink

You Got Served MAG

“You Got Served” features moretalent in a movie than I’ve seen in a long time. Although the plotis mostly predictable, the dancing is incredible. After seeing thismovie, I had to catch my breath, and then watch the dance scenes againand again.

The story begins in Los Angeles in a place called Mr.Rad’s Warehouse where dance crews from the area come to challengeeach other for money and to decide who’s the best hip-hop crew.

The main characters, David (Omarion Grandberry) and Elgin(Marques Houston), are best friends and the leaders of a dance crew. Inthe beginning they battle other crews, but when they get a challengefrom a crew wanting to dance for $5,000, things start heating up - theyneed to find that money fast.

I cannot begin to describe howphenomenal the dancing is - I just loved it! Other terrific aspects arethe urban setting and the really great message. By incorporatingproblems like drugs and violence, the movie has a well-developed plot,but also creates a twist from similar movies by giving positiveconclusions to normally tough situations. In addition to being a greatfilm, the music is fantastic and upbeat. If hip hop is your thing, thesoundtrack should be part of your CD collection.

I am so glad Igot this DVD. Without watching it, I never would have gotten toexperience the mind-blowing dancing, extraordinary music and overpowering positive message. Anyone who loves to dance, watchdancing or appreciates great talent must add “You GotServed” to their collection. .

i love this so much!

on Sep. 4 2010 at 11:03 am
Muzic4MeAlwayz SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"Love is a perfect bond of union."

ok movie the acting was a little bad at some parts tho

bokworm SILVER said...
on May. 12 2010 at 8:34 pm
bokworm SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

life is gets easier by what you do not by what you don't

i loved this move the danceing scens are grate