The Replacements This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Replacements” is hands down my all-time favorite movie. Although it is not a true story, it is very inspiring.

When all the professional football players and coaches go on strike during the last games of the season, the owners hire replacement players. Most of the teams end up buying a minor league team, but the Washington Sentinels instead hire players who just missed going pro and give them a second chance, including Shane Falco (Keanu Reeves), a supposedly washed-up college quarterback. So, it is up to Shane and his number-one receiver, Clifford Franklin (Orlando Jones) to finish the season.

The Sentinels need to win three out of four games to make it to the playoffs for the first time in their history. The fans really get into it and start to like watching the replacement players.

This movie is great fun to watch and is really inspiring. I recommend “The Replacements” to all football fans.