Iron Man 3 | Teen Ink

Iron Man 3

July 8, 2013
By Ailsa GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
Ailsa GOLD, Marietta, Georgia
12 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Arthur Conan Doyle


The Marvel movie fans have been waiting for, Iron Man 3 kicks off with a very troubled superhero who can't seem to get over the fiasco that was Avengers in New York. Directed by Shane Black, the movie opens up to a retelling of Tony's dark past before he was the iron man. It recalls a moment in time that he would soon forget until years later. After the flashback we see the new Tony in the makings of an awesome new suit, The Mark 42. If you thought he was a hot mess in the previous Iron Man, lets just say not even Pepper could stop his tinkering obsession. This movie flies with a remarkable plot, and Tony Stark like you never seen him before. Iron Man was never known for its villains but the terrorists in this movie are hot and heavy, leaving watchers on the edge. If ever Tony was thought to be nothing without his suit there is much surprise that he goes commando through most of this movie without is metal armor.
While fans flock to this series on its humor and charm, some may argue that the clever wit killed the movies sentimental moments. Fans didn't seem to be connected to Tony's villain either, saying the confusion killed the mood. The very end was also an extreme disappointment. Although there was a resolution to the initial plot, there was nothing to account for Tony's inner demons. The movie didn't leave me feeling satisfied even though the message was clear.
Despite controversy fans will love this movie. It refers to nostalgic moments with the superhero and his adventures. A Trilogy wrap up that pulls the heart strings of all. And most importantly, some crazy awesome Iron suit action. I do recommend this movie so don't forget to watch through the credits.