Drive | Teen Ink

Drive

By ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut
ChevyPillow PLATINUM, Fairfield, Connecticut

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @ss...and i'm all out of bubblegum." (They Live 1988)

4 out of 5

Drive can be an exhilarating and jaw dropping experience if you don't mind art-house type stuff. A lot of "fast and furious", "pedal to the metal", and "non-stop blood bath extravaganza" fans can easily be bothered by the slow pacing of this film. But for me, I absolutely loved it! Maybe the second half of the movie did feel a bit poorly edited and unanswered due to the unformulated elements of the film, but that's definitively not to say I didn't like it. The whole movie seemed to be a smart study on the main character known as the driver. Ryan Gosling is just perfect for this bad-ass role. He only talks when responding, he stares into the sunset; he's like a "man with no name" type figure. I mean really, he reminded me exactly of The Man with No Name from the "Dollars" Trilogy. Honestly, if it weren't for actors like Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen, and Robert De Niro I don't think Drive would have ever been made.