Captain America | Teen Ink

Captain America

July 24, 2011
By phototeen102 BRONZE, New York City, New York
phototeen102 BRONZE, New York City, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Dreams can take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known"


I saw Captain America yesterday and I loved it!! It takes place in the 1940s and is about a young soldier by the name of Steve Rogers who wants to fight during World War 2. He is turned down many times due to his many health problems and small build. Finally though, he is given the chance he always wanted.
After training as hard as he can, (which compared to everyone else is not very good), he is selected for a special opportunity. He will be put into a device which when he comes out, will make him incredibly strong and nearly unbeatable. He comes out ready to fight in the war, but they still won't let him. His only options are being a lab rat, or becoming the lead in a play as a super hero- Captain America. He takes the second option and becomes a figure loved nationwide. When he learns that one of his friends has been hurt in the war and is injured in Austria, he makes plans. He is being held captive by The First Avenger. He was the first person tested in the "body building" machine. The results were not too pretty, but he too was nearly unbeatable.
When he learns that Captain America is coming to rescue his friend, he plots revenge. Although Steve technically did nothing to him personally, he still turned out looking much better. The movie basically focuses on the battle of Captain America and the First Avenger not to mention both parties are trying to win the war. Captain America must make an important sacrifice to save his country, all while being shot at by The First Avenger's army, and this just wouldn't be a movie without a love interest, but I'll let you watch the movie to learn more about that yourself.
Captain America exceeded my expectations and gave me a new view on super heroes. Although there were some slow scenes, it was still a wonderful movie. Before watching this, I was never interested in super heroes. I never saw or read about any of them, but after seeing this movie, I can't wait for the sequel, and maybe, just maybe I'll give some of the others a chance.