Tangled | Teen Ink

Tangled

December 17, 2010
By Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never give in, Never back down


The movie Tangled was a sweet, enchanting tale based off of the classic fairytale Rapunzel. Except with some major changes, for the better.

Rapunzel was no regular damsel in distress princess. She has 70 feet of blond magical hair is energetic, curious teenage who fills her days with art, books and imagination. She is trapped in the tour because her so called “mother” won’t let her out saying the outside world is too dangerous, that she couldn’t take it.

When her “mother” is out, bandit Flynn Rider comes there, thinking it’s a place to hide. Well, he certainly was wrong. She manages to take him down, to try to show her mother she isn’t too weak. A motivated, bright girl but her mother just pushes her aside but agrees to get her the berries to make some type of paint that would take a three day trip.

When her “mother” left, she releases the man with one condition to get his crown back, to take her to see the lights. What she’s been dreaming of her whole life, to see them from the castle. He’s reluctant at first and tries to get her not to go, going to a place full of thugs and pretty much everybody wants him dead there, and the cops come and her mother, who found out she escaped when she followed a castle horse that was after him.

The thief’s helped them escape, to make her dream come sure. The mother gets the thugs to go with her to follow them offering them a reward.

As the two of them go on their journey Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, hide from cops, have fun, and end up falling in love. When she sees the lights it’s the most amazing thing she’s ever seen. They were in a boat and she actually got to hold one, see all them closer. All for the lost princess, in hope of finding her.

The two of them were in love, and she gave him the crown back. He had everything he needed with her, but he went to return the crown back to the henchmen that were with him when they stole it, which happened to be on the island right then. It was a trap, the “mother” told them about her hair and offered them her, while Flynn Rider was knocked out and tied to a boat with the crown, for the cops to take care of him.

Rapunzel’s sad about all of it, and goes back to her “mother.” When she’s back though, before there about to leave to a place farther away where nobody will see her all the pieces click together. The symbol, the lost princess, when she tried on the crown, she was the lost princess.

She was trapped by the woman who said she was her mother but only used her hair to stay younger, when she sang. If her hair was cut it would turn brown and would be powerless.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Flynn Rider tries to save her from the crazed woman. He’s cut and dying, she just wants him to live so she promises her that id she lets her save him, she’d go willingly. Give up your life for the one you love. She’s near him, and when she thinks he’s going to kiss her, he cuts her long hair short causing it to turn brown. The woman turns old again and falls down the window of the tower, and is gone. Rapunzel’s crying, and singing trying to get her hair to work but it’s a fail, and as a single tear drops down her face onto him, that heals him. They kiss.

She’s finally reunited with her parent’s after many years. Rapunzel and Flynn get married, and it has the classical ending many fairy tales do happily ever after. A sweet story, best one yet.

If you’ve seen it, what’s your opinion on it?

The author's comments:
They fell in love and he changed for her.