Tangled | Teen Ink

Tangled

By Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

The movie Tangled was a sweet, enchanting tale based off of the classic fairytale Rapunzel. Except with some major changes, for the better.

Rapunzel was no regular damsel in distress princess. She has 70 feet of blond magical hair is energetic, curious teenage who fills her days with art, books and imagination. She is trapped in the tour because her so called “mother” won’t let her out saying the outside world is too dangerous, that she couldn’t take it.

When her “mother” is out, bandit Flynn Rider comes there, thinking it’s a place to hide. Well, he certainly was wrong. She manages to take him down, to try to show her mother she isn’t too weak. A motivated, bright girl but her mother just pushes her aside but agrees to get her the berries to make some type of paint that would take a three day trip.

When her “mother” left, she releases the man with one condition to get his crown back, to take her to see the lights. What she’s been dreaming of her whole life, to see them from the castle. He’s reluctant at first and tries to get her not to go, going to a place full of thugs and pretty much everybody wants him dead there, and the cops come and her mother, who found out she escaped when she followed a castle horse that was after him.

The thief’s helped them escape, to make her dream come sure. The mother gets the thugs to go with her to follow them offering them a reward.

As the two of them go on their journey Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, hide from cops, have fun, and end up falling in love. When she sees the lights it’s the most amazing thing she’s ever seen. They were in a boat and she actually got to hold one, see all them closer. All for the lost princess, in hope of finding her.

The two of them were in love, and she gave him the crown back. He had everything he needed with her, but he went to return the crown back to the henchmen that were with him when they stole it, which happened to be on the island right then. It was a trap, the “mother” told them about her hair and offered them her, while Flynn Rider was knocked out and tied to a boat with the crown, for the cops to take care of him.

Rapunzel’s sad about all of it, and goes back to her “mother.” When she’s back though, before there about to leave to a place farther away where nobody will see her all the pieces click together. The symbol, the lost princess, when she tried on the crown, she was the lost princess.

She was trapped by the woman who said she was her mother but only used her hair to stay younger, when she sang. If her hair was cut it would turn brown and would be powerless.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Flynn Rider tries to save her from the crazed woman. He’s cut and dying, she just wants him to live so she promises her that id she lets her save him, she’d go willingly. Give up your life for the one you love. She’s near him, and when she thinks he’s going to kiss her, he cuts her long hair short causing it to turn brown. The woman turns old again and falls down the window of the tower, and is gone. Rapunzel’s crying, and singing trying to get her hair to work but it’s a fail, and as a single tear drops down her face onto him, that heals him. They kiss.

She’s finally reunited with her parent’s after many years. Rapunzel and Flynn get married, and it has the classical ending many fairy tales do happily ever after. A sweet story, best one yet.

If you’ve seen it, what’s your opinion on it?

They fell in love and he changed for her.

Kelvin said...
on Feb. 26 2015 at 2:22 am
flynn rider graduall transforms himself over the course of the film.By the end of the film he has shed his immoral past and became a positive role model

dmoskowitz said...
dmoskowitz, Lumberton, New Jersey

"Nobody gives you a manual that says, 'This is what's going to happen and this is what you should do and this is how you're going to do it.' I think you just have to kind of handle it in your way." Selena Gomez
"Never Say Never." JBiebs

Can relate to your article cause I feel the same exact way! It was so sweet and brought back my childhood

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

defintly  

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

Me too, but the brown hair in the end is cute too

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

next time i do a movie review i'll put spolier alert.

and love the little mermaid movie

Somika PLATINUM, Pilot, Virginia

Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you learn to succeed.
Unknown
-------------------------------------------

totally agree

on Jan. 15 2011 at 9:05 am
ValkyrieRising BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

"Pirates could happen to anyone."

Just FYI: "Spoiler Alert" is a handy, well-placed phrase which should be placed in the title of reviews like this. Although I have seen the movie, I feel that someone should tell you that.

Am I the only person who wishes that the conceited, backstabbing lowlife that Disney passes off as a hero was hanged? Prince Naveen stunk too. Seriously, people, how about Eric? Now there was a hero. I know some people will be like, "Eric was sexist, blah blah blah," but he didn't MAKE Ariel sacrifice her voice or anything, and he was pretty nice.

Note to Disney: You can make your Disney Princess films empower girls without completely shortchanging the character of the prince.

Sorry for being a cyber-jerk.

starlight26 GOLD, Miramar, Florida

*life isnt about pretending to be something you're not. It about being who you are and finding someone
who loves every bit of it."

"Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"

Tangled is an addition to the long list of my FAV animated movies. Tangled just makes u so happy and its SO FUNNY! Great twists and Rapunzel was sweet, funny, pretty, and had a great personality. I liked the village part too, when the girls braided her hair.hehe...Eugene .

LONG LIVE FAIRYTALES!

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

yeah! that was so funny!

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

(my favorite scene was when they visited the village and they were all having fun singing and dancing and also when she was being all "This is the best day ever!" to "She's going to kill me!" bipolar like. hahaha so funny! xD

--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

I loved Tangled! It was funny, sweet, and just plain awesome. Me and one of my friends saw it and we both loved it. I think more people in the theature were teens instead of little kids that you would think.