Inception

The movie “Inception” is a welcome surprise from what has become a sea of indistinguishable and trite offerings from Hollywood. Part of its greatness is Leonardo DiCaprio (Dom Cobb), who gives one of the best performances of his career, assuring his placement on the celeb “A” list for a very long time. When Inception ended, it felt as if I had only been in the theater for just a few minutes rather than two and a half hours. Its endless plots and sub plots combined with the numerous twists and turns will have you wanting to see it multiple times in order to find new details. All of the elements come together perfectly in the movie to create a genuinely compelling, suspenseful and thought-provoking summer blockbuster that succeeds viscerally as well as intellectually. Spoiling Inception is near impossible without writing out a manual to explain what those spoilers mean, but regardless, I will only give you a brief summary. The main character Dom Cobb is a well trained and highly dangerous thief. He is by far the best at what he does, which is the extremely dangerous art of extraction. Extraction is stealing treasured secrets from people deep inside their subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is most exposed to new ideas. Cobb's rare ability to achieve extraction inside someone’s mind has made him a very valuable person in the world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him a wanted criminal in the USA and several other countries, and cost him everything he loved in his life. Then, Cobb is offered a job that will change his life back to what it was before, and restore his broken credibility. This one last job could give him everything he wants, but only if he can accomplish what s considered by everyone in his world to be impossible-inception. The idea is to not steal an idea, but give one. If done correctly, it would be the crime of all crimes. But no amount of careful contemplation or skill can prepare this team for the dangers in store. It’s an enemy like no other, an enemy that seems to know there every move. An enemy that only one man could have seen coming. Cobb.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:05 am:
I agree, Leanardo Dicaprio is amazing!

DreamChaser28 said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:14 pm:
This is a very well written review! You made me want to go watch this movie. :)

dmoskowitz said...
This is legit one of my favorite movies ever!

Becca17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 9:39 am:
LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

NikkiFL said...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 2:42 am:
You write so well you could do this for a living and NEVER EVER have to worry about wherther people disagree (you wrote so well you convinced me to see it. And i totally agree that its AMAZING)

MariahBoBiah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 24, 2010 at 7:22 pm :
Wow thank you so much!!!:)

DiamondsIntheGrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Wow.  The movie was amazing, but your review is even better.  You know, I was going to write a review on Inception too, but there is NO WAY I'm going to top yours. 

I would love it if you could take a look at some of my poems.  thanks.

Beca said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm:
I didnt enjoy the movie that much... but AMAZING review! This is the best movie review I have ever read in here or anywere.

David replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:06 pm :
How could you not like this movie?!?!?!

Gina replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm :
yeah are you crazy!!! It was fantastic! (and so Is your review btw mariah)

David replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:08 pm :
Good someone agrees with me:)

Gina replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:08 pm :
heck yes this is probbaly one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!

David replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:09 pm :
I know right!!!

Beca replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm :
Wow guys calm down. All I was saying was the movie wasent that great, am I not allowed to have an opinion?!?! jeez...

Gina replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm :
All we were saying was how could someone not like it... its no big deal.

Davis replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:14 pm :
yea... first of all its our OPINION and second.. whay are you freaking out so much?

Beca replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm :
Im not "freaking out" all I said was let em have my opinion without being ridiculed...

Jul. 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm :
I LOVED the movie... but to each their own:)

Nikki replied...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 2:23 am :
I have to say I totally agree. . .

CeeCee said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 8:33 pm:
Great! I gave it five stars:)