Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day | Teen Ink

Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day

April 30, 2010
By Josh F BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
Josh F BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“There are two kinds of people in this world when you all boil it down, you got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers all they got is talk but when all is said and done it’s the doers that change this world, and when they do that they change us, and that’s where we never forget them. So which one are you, do you just talk about it or stand up and do something about it, because believe you me all the rest of it is just coffee house BS,” (Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day) that about tells you what the story is about if you haven’t seen the first movie that’s all you have to fall back on.
The sequel opens with the murder of a Boston priest which the mob set up to make it look like Murphy, Sean Patrick Flanery, and Connor MacManus, Norman Reedus. Although the brothers, who have been hiding in Ireland for the last decade with their Father II Duce, Billy Connolly, know that the murder is meant to draw them back to Boston. During the trip back to Boston, they meet Mexican-American Romeo, Clifton Collins Jr., and they enlist him as their sidekick.
Meanwhile, FBI agent Eunice Bloom a sexy Southern belle is on the trail of the Saints, finding herself with the same three Boston detectives who helped the brothers last time. As she enters the scene she states why she is on the case,”I’m so f****in smart that I make smart people feel like they are retarded,”(The Boondock Saints All Saints Day). The Saints quest for answers leads them to Boston’s Concezio Yakavetta, Judd Nelson, the son of the mobster killed by the Saints in the original film.


The actors in this movie were great they really make the movie realistic and believable. They show what they really are all through the movie with how they talk, walk, and react. This movie has good acting and also good camera angles so you can really get a feel for the movie. There are slow motion shots, flashbacks, and even some brutal murder scenes.
The graphics in this movie are incredible leave it to Troy Duffy to make a movie with the best graphics. As I was lying on the couch thinking about this epic movie and thinking that this movie is in my top ten movies I have ever seen when it hit me I need to tell other people about this so they will go out and see it and be as blown away as I was. If you haven’t seen this movie yet get your but out of the chair and run to a redbox and rent it for yourself because as soon as you rent it you will want to buy it.



Boondock Saints II is mainly for audiences who have scene the first movie in the sequel. If you see the movie without prior knowledge of the first Boondock Saints you will be very confused. If you like violence, racial jokes, good acting, and overly offensive humor then The Boondock Saints II is the movie for you.










Works Cited


The Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day. Dir.Troy Duffy. Pref. Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly, Clifton Collins Jr., Julie Benz


The author's comments:
I was insired to write this paper after seeing The Boondock Saints 2 All saints Day