Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day | Teen Ink

Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day

By Josh F BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
Josh F BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado

“There are two kinds of people in this world when you all boil it down, you got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers all they got is talk but when all is said and done it’s the doers that change this world, and when they do that they change us, and that’s where we never forget them. So which one are you, do you just talk about it or stand up and do something about it, because believe you me all the rest of it is just coffee house BS,” (Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day) that about tells you what the story is about if you haven’t seen the first movie that’s all you have to fall back on.
The sequel opens with the murder of a Boston priest which the mob set up to make it look like Murphy, Sean Patrick Flanery, and Connor MacManus, Norman Reedus. Although the brothers, who have been hiding in Ireland for the last decade with their Father II Duce, Billy Connolly, know that the murder is meant to draw them back to Boston. During the trip back to Boston, they meet Mexican-American Romeo, Clifton Collins Jr., and they enlist him as their sidekick.
Meanwhile, FBI agent Eunice Bloom a sexy Southern belle is on the trail of the Saints, finding herself with the same three Boston detectives who helped the brothers last time. As she enters the scene she states why she is on the case,”I’m so f****in smart that I make smart people feel like they are retarded,”(The Boondock Saints All Saints Day). The Saints quest for answers leads them to Boston’s Concezio Yakavetta, Judd Nelson, the son of the mobster killed by the Saints in the original film.

The actors in this movie were great they really make the movie realistic and believable. They show what they really are all through the movie with how they talk, walk, and react. This movie has good acting and also good camera angles so you can really get a feel for the movie. There are slow motion shots, flashbacks, and even some brutal murder scenes.
The graphics in this movie are incredible leave it to Troy Duffy to make a movie with the best graphics. As I was lying on the couch thinking about this epic movie and thinking that this movie is in my top ten movies I have ever seen when it hit me I need to tell other people about this so they will go out and see it and be as blown away as I was. If you haven’t seen this movie yet get your but out of the chair and run to a redbox and rent it for yourself because as soon as you rent it you will want to buy it.

Boondock Saints II is mainly for audiences who have scene the first movie in the sequel. If you see the movie without prior knowledge of the first Boondock Saints you will be very confused. If you like violence, racial jokes, good acting, and overly offensive humor then The Boondock Saints II is the movie for you.

Works Cited

The Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day. Dir.Troy Duffy. Pref. Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly, Clifton Collins Jr., Julie Benz

I was insired to write this paper after seeing The Boondock Saints 2 All saints Day

Maximassacre said...
both movies were amazing, i loved them both. guys its just grammar stfu seriously. were suppose to be leaving comments about this movie not shooting some guy down because hes got grammar issues. everyone has problems. are you going to run up to some guy in a wheelchair and point out hes a cripple?

Raziel said...
Grammar Nazi

Vamps34 said...
Both BDS movies were AWESOME! The actors are great. The scenes are very violent, yes, but the whole premise of the movie is good versus bad and the cinematography is great. This is my absolute favorite movie. I recommend both movies. 

bb21 said...

First off you have a multitude of grammar errors. The actors' names should have brackets around them, or even parenthesis.

Second there are production errors that shouldn't have been in the final product. If you look in the shooting at the bar when its slowed down, you'll notice someone's blood pack (they call it something else) went off prematurely. You also, if you look real close, see the crew in one shot.

It was a good movie, but some it seemed more like a Tarantino ripoff than the first one, which was about the message.

Pretty Boy said...

First of all, that was a terrible review.

I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. The first one is such a great movie so it is not fair to compare the sequel to it.

Personally, I thought the humor in the sequel was over the top, and Agent Bloom was too much. I enjoyed how they told the story of how II Duce came to be.

Overall, I liked the sequel. I'm just going to warn whoever reads this that if you compare it to the first one, you are going to be disappointed.

on May. 11 2010 at 11:10 am
While I couldn't agree more, I find it amusing that you should nit-pick someone else's writing while you cannot even correctly spell "grammar".  Grammar, not grammer.

on May. 11 2010 at 9:54 am
Grammar. Learn it.

Mr. Movies said...
on May. 11 2010 at 9:18 am
The Boondock Saints 2 was one of the worst movies of the year. I love the first one but this movie has no plot, god awful acting and terrible cinematography.

How can you rate this anything over 1/5 stars?

on May. 11 2010 at 9:13 am
May I state for the record my extreme distaste at the incorrect use of grammer in this entire artice. As a writer of reviews read by the public, you should be ashamed at your pitiful grasp at the english language.

on May. 11 2010 at 9:13 am
Your grammatical errors are atrocious. If I were you, I'd remove this article before anyone else can read it because it makes you look like a fool. Those are elementary level mistakes you make.

kcaz said...
on May. 11 2010 at 9:10 am
there are a few errors learn how to at least use spell check or something

on May. 11 2010 at 9:07 am
Good Article, I have watched both movies and Boondock Saints is slightly better than Boondock Saints II, but I did really enjoy Boondock Saints II and I hope they do make a III

on May. 11 2010 at 9:03 am

Great article, just one thing. 

Murphy McManus is played by Norman Reedus, and Connor McManus is played by Sean Patrick Flanery. :P