Alice in Wonderland | Teen Ink

Alice in Wonderland

April 7, 2010
By britt. BRONZE, Bell County, Kentucky
britt. BRONZE, Bell County, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never give up on love because there someone that will find you if you dont find them first"


“Off with the head”, bet you heard that before from the classic Disney movie “Alice in Wonderland.” Director Tim Burton (Edward Scissor Hands, Willy Wonka, etc.) creates a new fantasy based off of the classic tale. It was fantastic; I never thought I would like this as much as I did.

The movie takes place in England and told a story about a girl who was forced into marrying some guy at a young age that her parents wanted her to marry so she wouldn’t end up like her grandmother. During the ceremony she ran away and fell down a hole into a new world she thought only existed in her dreams. She thought it was a dream, like it had always been before, but She was in for a rude awakening. The creatures and humans in this mysterious land were trying to figure out if Alice was back in Wonderland to defeat the jabberwocky- a creature that the Queen of Hearts uses to control the land- once and for all.
It’s nothing like the Disney movie; in the original version she never fought anything that could kill her. This movie is way better than the other version because Burton added more special effects; such as, the cat floating and disappearing into the air. Tim Burton is known to fantasize in his movies. He created more graphics for this movie and more action. Alice fights to save everyone in Wonderland but the monstrous creature known as the jabberwocky was unexpected. The red queen was hilarious because everything she had to say was “off with their heads!” Burton had some good actors in this movie, too, he had Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway to really take this movie to the max. Without Johnny Depp’s silly question in the movie the world would be taken far too serious.

I recommend everyone go and see this movie especially in 3D because it almost feels like you’re there in the movie. I rate this movie 5 queen of hearts out of 5. I promise you won’t regret watching this fantastic remake of “Alice in Wonderland.”
This movie is now showing in your local theater.


The author's comments:
love this movie