Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen | Teen Ink

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

September 18, 2009
By stevie.b BRONZE, Biscayne Park, Florida
stevie.b BRONZE, Biscayne Park, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Michael Bay's Transformers 2 was an action-packed science fiction movie, in which there was not a single second to take your eyes of the screen. It captured the audience with an unexpected opening segment. The scene was in the past. This piqued my interest as much as it did to the rest of the people in the theatre; however, I only saw kids, teenagers, and some adults (mostly male) sitting around me. There were no seniors, but that did not surprise me whatsoever. There are many instances where an autobot or decepticon would transform and a series of seizure provoking flashes would come. I would be fearful for my great aunt to go watch the film. The male-dominated audience was there for more than action – they wanted to see Megan Fox, the sexiest woman on earth.

Another aspect was added into this movie that was not in the first: comedy. Skids and Mudflap, twin autobots, are the center of the crazy antics that go on. They keep people on the positive side even in the worst positions by cracking an unexpected joke.

Unlike the first one, the sequel has a storyline. The first Transformers production was a bland history of the autobots and decepticons. In this motion picture, the main character faces love problems, college problems, and, oh yeah, there's always the fact that he is on Optimus Prime's retainer.

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is available October 20, 2009. There are three versions coming out: a single disc DVD, a two-disc DVD, a two-disc Blu-ray edition. There is also a special IMAX edition.

For all sci-fi lovers, action lovers, and Megan Fox fans, I recommend this movie wholeheartedly.