Movie Review on Avengers: Endgame | Teen Ink

Movie Review on Avengers: Endgame

By teeninkasian BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
teeninkasian BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

i can't see

Beating Avatar for #1 in the Box Office and gaining nearly 3 billion dollars in gross earnings, Avengers: Endgame has captivated over 100 million people worldwide. A sequel to Avengers: Infinity War, Anthony Russo and Joe Russo’s spectacular ending to a four-film series, has entertained and saddened many individuals with battles, reunifications, and heartbreaking tragedies. 

Following up from the events of the previous hit movie, Captain America (played by Chris Evans), a super soldier that had been trapped in ice for nearly seventy years, leads a selective group of the remaining Avengers on a mission to take the Infinity Stones from Thanos and bring the people who were lost in the snap back. However, after an unfortunate series of events, the Avengers fail. For five years, they are unable to do anything regarding the situation with Thanos, until they gain valuable information from Ant-Man (played by Paul Rudd). This time, the Avengers, joined by Iron Man (played by Robert Downey Jr.), are finally met with a chance of being able to bring everyone lost back. 

The cast for Avengers: Endgame expressed emotion and intentions clearly throughout their acting. The audience would instantly know which character was feeling what emotions based on their facial expression and body language. For example, during the Avengers’ encounter with Thanos, it was evident that Bruce Banner was furious when he shoved him while shouting at the same time. The camera shots involved in the film gave the viewers points of view of both the heroes and the villains, letting them connect with many of the characters’ thoughts and feelings.

The costumes that were used in the film reflected the mood and tone of the characters. Clothing and style of it is key, since it can be used to describe the current personality of someone. An example of this is the simple clothing Thanos wore on his farm compared to the battle armor he wore during combat. Wearing plain apparel most likely represents being nonchalant, while being dressed in combat gear may mean having a fighting spirit. 

None of the music in the film would have been possible without composer Alan Silvestri. His musical artworks brought feelings like joy and sadness to scenes that would have been dull and hard to watch without the accompaniment of his music. Not only that, he uses variations of loudness and different types of instruments to enrich his pieces. Saxophones and trumpets playing notes in forté, or playing notes loudly, bring excitement and maybe a feeling called “the chills.” Other instruments playing notes in piano, or playing notes softly, exhibit sorrow.

While watching Avengers: Endgame for the first time, I was ecstatic during the first few minutes because of all the trailers and teasers that led up to this movie, and was literally shaking with excitement. During the film, I was constantly engaged with the genuine acting of the cast, and the events that played on the screen kept me interested in the movie. The music, too, caused emotions to surge through me as I watched scenes both joyous and tragic. When the movie ended, I was extremely entertained by what I saw but also felt an emptiness, knowing that I would never get to see some of my favorite characters again. This is the emotion that this extraordinary film is bound to have on you.

Avengers: Endgame exceeded my expectations in every way, from its brilliant score to its outstanding acting. Bound to give you many emotions, this movie is the perfect way to conclude the Avengers series.