I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore | Teen Ink

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

By SeanBoland004 BRONZE, Neosho, Missouri
SeanBoland004 BRONZE, Neosho, Missouri

In I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore, Lorien is a planet that was destroyed by a race called Mogadorians. Right before it was destroyed, 19 people were sent to Earth, the closest life sustaining planet to Lorien other than the planet of the Mogadorians. 9 of them were small children, whose superpowers would start developing around the age of 16. 9 others were Cepan, which were protectors of the children. The last person was the pilot of the spaceship. The 9 children were each assigned a number and had a charm placed on them which made them impossible to kill out of order. After Three dies, Four and his Cepan Henri move to a place called Paradise, Ohio. Four’s new name is John Smith, while Henri’s stays the same. In school, John meets a kid named Sam who becomes his best friend. John also has to go through high school with a bully named Mark James while falling in love with a girl named Sarah and at the same time trying to figure out the powers he is developing. At the Halloween Festival, the bullies kidnap John and Sarah, and John teaches them a lesson. Henri gets kidnapped in a town named Athens and John and Sam save him, while John reveals that he is actually an alien to Sam. John and Sam get invited to Mark’s party, where someone knocks over a candle that burns the house down. John saves Sarah and Mark’s dogs, who were stuck in the house, while flying out 30 feet away from the window. That gets recorded and posted to YouTube, where the Mogadorians find him and are going to attack. John runs to the school to protect Sarah, and Loric number Six also arrives and tries to help fight against the giant monsters. I would rate this book as a 5 out of 5 stars, and I would recommend this to anyone who likes science fiction or lots of action.