Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury | Teen Ink

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

November 17, 2017
By GriffinBentley BRONZE, Dexer, Michigan, Michigan
GriffinBentley BRONZE, Dexer, Michigan, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Fahrenheit 451, written by Ray Bradbury, is a science fiction novel about a new age qwhere firefighters start fires istead of putting them out in order to burn books. The vast majority of the population is okay with this since books are deemed illegal by the government, while the minority of the people do absolutely nothing to stop this. Montag, a firefighter with the beliefs of an average citizen then is swayed into wanting to give books a try and eventually being the one person that would stand up to the government and restore society from this dark age where people kill for fun. Montag must leave comrades, leave his home, and downright lose any chances of having a normal life for a cause he truly believes in and knows is right.

 

I quite liked this book. At times it was a bit confusing and hard to visualize but I tend to struggle with this in most sci-fi novels. Despite this problem of mine, Bradbury was extremely descriptive at times which drew me in and made me want to read more. The way he writes really captures the way that the characters feel in the book and makes you really hate and really like the characters the way you should. There was so much emotion in the book, like sometimes the way people talked in the book really just showed you how much society had changed and the way that Montag talks to himself shows you how much this lifestyle he has chosen takes out of him. I would highly reccomend this book to anyone who enjoys science fiction and anyone who enjoys a really dark and emotional novel.