Champion a legend novel by Marie Lu | Teen Ink

Champion a legend novel by Marie Lu

September 22, 2017
By rocioflores012 BRONZE, Arligton, Texas
rocioflores012 BRONZE, Arligton, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author of Champion a legend novel did a very good job on giving many surprises with characters and plot twist but, i do think that at the beginning is pretty boring but, towards the middle of the book it gets really exciting and draws the reader into the book.The characterization was very strong each character took a very important place in the plot and they never failed to surprize you. ” ‘ where I come from we’re more about efficiency’ he replies. ‘ A knife like this’ll skewer food, smear butter, and slit throats all at the same time.’ Of course Day’s never slit a throat in his life but serge doesn't know that.”(Lu 45) This quote tells you about Day’s character and how he likes to intimidate people that he doesn’t like. “They shout out the same thing. ‘save us.’ I look away nervously”(Lu 185) This quote is also from Day’s character it shows you how the people depend on him.The theme was very insightful in all the books i’ve read I haven’t seen this theme.Something I learned from this book is that people only see the surface of others and don’t know what they go through. Also, sometimes the best decisions aren’t always the right ones in every case and decisions are though. Lastly, that sometimes the solution to your problem is right under your nose.I would recommend Champion a legend novel to someone who likes books about war and politics because in the book Champion a legend novel The Republic ( A country) gets attacked by (The Colonies) and June is a Princeps-Elect (an important political person) but, I also recommend this to people who love romance because in the book Champion a legend novel the characters Day and June are in love.