Nick Vujicic Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action by Nick Vujicic | Teen Ink

Nick Vujicic Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action by Nick Vujicic

April 24, 2017
By TheDuke BRONZE, San Ramon, Ca 94583, California
TheDuke BRONZE, San Ramon, Ca 94583, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Nick Vujicic who is known for his inspirational and motivational speeches to young teens, and older audiences. Nick Vujicic is also well known for his other books which focuses about things that he thought he couldn't do as a little kid and the things  he can do as a grown man. Nick Vujicic's book is not like any other memoir. At the moment of birth, his parents didn’t want him because he was born with no arms and legs. This story The Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action will motivate you to do something that you’ve never done before, so follow in the footsteps of Nick Vujicic.

 

Nicholas James Vujicic was born on 4,December 1982 in Melbourne, Australia. In his birth, he was left with a rare body disorder called Tetra-Amelia Syndrome. Which, had left him to have lack of arms and feet. When Nick had first made his way onto primary school he had lots of problems fitting in the other kids at school. Nick had wondered why these kids looked different apart from him. He was easily picked on by kids for not having legs as a normal human would have as well as arms for opening doors. The kids at his school called him names like penguin because, of the way he would move to class and alien because he couldn’t play any sports at school. Kids would discriminate him on his appearance all the time and told him the things he wasn't able to achieve in sports. At that point he wanted to kill himself. But his parents told that he was all part of God's plan. Sooner at the age of seventeen he had started giving motivational speeches at gospel churches. From this hectic experience in life Vujicic’s life Nick was able to overcome his fears and try new things that he thought he wasn't able to do at an early age. Nick kept on striving for accuracy, and that is what made him a strong motivator.


His author’s craft is one of the best. From the reviews only reason why people have been reading his intros is because, Nick’s writing is very skilled as a writer. His storytelling and quotes are very good. For a guy who has been through a lot he has been able to put positive statements on his successes as man with limitless abilities. Not just that but as well as overcoming his handicap, Nick Vujicic is clear when he explains what he had to throughout his whole life. This book is an easy read because, the structure, and organization of Nick’s writing is very helpful. Nick orders his story from the first day he was born till high school. His chronologic order which is very helpful when it comes to reading, it's very organize with the structure, and the way he puts it in order gives you a whole understanding on his life and pulls into the book.

 

I think the theme that Nick is trying to let the audience now that there is no such thing as “I can't do it.” Nick struggled in athletics because of his negative attitude and of the kids who bullied him which made Nick depressed. His mind was telling him that he couldn't do anything. But in later years, he found out that that he was able to golf, swim, even cooking and living an independent life. He had reached his goals by never saying never, if your mind latches on to negative statements and it will just feed on that and you're never going to be able to do anything. And that just proved that anything is possible

 

For the books rating I had gave it 10|10 for its amazing story build as well as putting in some of his tough times where had to tackle hard obstacles in life where had to go to school and as well as exposing himself to the public. When he would talk about those tough times you would start feel sympathetic as well because, you can't just imagine how much Nick had to cope with that intense bullying. This book had great passages that would always lead you to a different chapter in his life,and even the author's craft. I had perdidit it to be a great opener in the introduction with a great quote or his major theme that Nick was trying to let the audience now about.

 

One of his star passages that was in the book was “If you fall try again, again, and again. The reason why I chose this because, it symbolizes that if you can't get it right for the first time keep on trying until you get it right. That's what Nick had to go through. But the things that he went through to be able to live independently a were tough. Now he can golf, swim, surf, and even surf. Every time he had failed at doing something he never gave he kept on striving for accuracy even preserving. With this passage it was very motivational and inspirational because, it's true. Whenever I failed at something I never wanted to give up and practice makes perfect. Nick Vujicic is a symbol that anything is possible and to keep on following your dreams.

 

I would highly recommend this book to Middle Schoolers and older audiences.Younger audiences might have a hard time reading the book because the reading level might be too difficult. This book gave me a different perspective on life, and it might do the same thing to you. The Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action will motivate you, make you try new things, push you to achieve your own goals, and give you a whole new meaning on life. Life isn’t easy and you have to keep on persevering so you can succeed. Going through obstacles makes you stronger, so if you are looking for a book with a inspiring story, this is the one.
 


The author's comments:

This book inspired me to right this piece because, it had inspired me to do the impossible and overcome my fears and goals. It taught me how to keep moving foward. SO READ THIS BOOK!