Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul | Teen Ink

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

By Hannah Maldonado SILVER, Denver, Colorado
Hannah Maldonado SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul:
The Real Deal

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul has helped not only girls, but also many teen boys. The Real Deal has to deal with school. All of the things that us teens have to face on a day to day basis: the cliques, classes, fun teachers, mean teachers, clubs, and much more. The three geniuses behind this book are: Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hanson, and Deborah Reber.

School isn't easy and it won't get any easier as middle school and high school drag by. The popular clique will always be there. The book gives you advice on how to deal with them and the things they will pressure you into. As every body has or will be asked by someone to use drugs, it is hard to say 'no!' but there are also ways to help with that too! Even more exiting, there are ways to help you quit if you are on them.

Classes also get harder as school goes on along with social life. Some students might realize that they were straight A students and now their grades ate slipping to B's and C's. If your parents tend to move around a lot and you are the new kid, there is advice, and it lists websites for you to go on. The switch from middle school to high school can be fun, but also hard. Having to deal with the senior football team as a freshman can be difficult and the catfights with the girls are interesting.

In my opinion, this book is amazing with helping teens get through problems and new situations that people don't necessarily want to talk to their parents about.