Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

March 9, 2017
By ihinojosa_30 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
ihinojosa_30 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The novel “Night” by Elie Wiesel is a 1986 Nobel Peace Prize winner.  This novel is a powerful and very descriptive story.  It has much detail, imagery, and many plots through out the story.  The novel “Night” is a journey of the Holocaust, which Elie Wiesel had to go through when he was only fifteen years old.  He was split from his mother and sister and was left with his dad, and they had to live through the struggle of time.


I absolutely enjoyed reading this story because of the imagery and very descriptive sights and words.  Elie Wiesel does a very good job at telling his personal story that it makes it feel that the Holocaust is happening in your brain.  I think this story is worth the read because it truly does tell how awful the Jews were treated during that time and how they had to move from camp to camp.  It just puts a thought through people’s head’s about how lucky they have it.


I would rate this book an eight out of ten, because I really enjoyed it.  My favorite part about the book is the part is the end.  Elie and his dad were talking about how he won’t be able to make it and how he should be “free at last”.  My favorite character was Elie because he was able to survive and tell his story in vivid description.


I really recommend this book if anyone wants a good look on the holocaust and his journey.  It’s a great class book to read as well, everyone in our class really talked about it and connected and agreed on the book.  The ending is very sad and just awful ending, but at the same time it was good.  “Night” is a must read book, that everyone should read.  Find out Elie’s Story.


The author's comments:

Great book.