Sold by Patricia McCormick by Patricia McCormick | Teen Ink

Sold by Patricia McCormick by Patricia McCormick

By AleehaHayes BRONZE, Sacramento, California
AleehaHayes BRONZE, Sacramento, California

“The next morning my stepfather brings me to Bajai Sita’s store. He is carrying Ama’s empty firewood basket and yet he is wearing his vest, his watch, and his best trousers.” this the moment her life  became “the life”. She had no clue what her father got her in, she has never been exposed to “the life”.

is a thirteen-year-old girl who lives with her family in a small village in nepal. Though her family is poor she grows vegetables in her backyard until one day a storm comes and wipes away all her work. Now she needs a job to help support her family.

After Lakshmi get’s to the “safe house” she is enjoying herself seeing things she has never seen before tv’s, magazines,buses,movies and coca-cola. But she has yet to find out what “the life” is. Will she escape “the life”?

If you know and love the book “Never fall down” this would be a perfect follow up book the are in the ballpark. Since this book is about “the life” it should be for young adults and older. Make sure you find out what the life is.

This book is very intense it keeps the readers alive and engaged. Lakshmi describes “the life” with vivid details it’s like you're there.

this book was very interesting throughout the entire book. this is the type of book that makes you want more.