The Boy Who Couldn't Die by William Sleator

I found this book to be very interesting. Every page, from cover to cover, was full of suspense. The book was like a carnival ride that you just can't get enough of. You just want to keep going and going and never stop. I literally finished it 2 hours; it was that much of a nail biter. This boy named Ken is scared of dying after the death of his best friend Roger so he decides he never wants to die. When he finds a woman that can makes him invulnerable. With his newfound invulnerability, Ken finds out there is a lot more to life and being invulnerable. Dealing with his invulnerability and normality becomes too hard especially after a few 'accidents' occur. Ken needs to make a major decision as to whether or not he wants to be invulnerable and live with consequences or just lead a normal life. Both to do so would mean certain death unless he comes up with a large sum of money and believes he can put all his trust into a very deceitful woman. The end left me wanting more so I really hope William Sleator makes a sequel.

sheretha said...
i really love this book!!! its soo real!!!