To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han | Teen Ink

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han

January 20, 2017
By ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hey guys, it's Anna, I got another book it is clearly very good. You should definitely read the book To all the boys i’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. THis book is about a teenage girl who goes through a struggle with boys. She don't have a mother figure because her mother died. She is a middle child. Her older sister is named Margot she is like the mother. Her younger sister name is Katherine but they call her kitty. This is a drama and romance novel.


The main character is named Lara Jean. If she fell in love with a couple boys but knew they wasn't meant to be she would write liters to them and tell them why she loved them and then tell them they can't be together. She did this to a few boys. She never sent them off because it was a closure to her. But somehow they got sent out to every boy she wrote a letter to. It cause a lot of confusion. She ended up dating one of those boy for pretend named Peter Kavinsky. It was too keep her mind off of her older sister Margot boyfriend, Josh. she liked him before him and her sister started dating, but when they did start to date she try to stop her emotion. To bad that her and him did something and her sister found out and was very mad at the both of them. In this book lara founds out thing about her sister that she can't believe. She come over many challenges such as her  boyfriend ex girlfriend Genevieve.


Jenny Han use many different themes the one that pop out at me is an accident can lead to love. In the book Too All The Boys I’ve loved before lara has these letter that are meant too the boys she loved, those letter end up by “accident” sent out to them and bc of that her and Peter got together. They became too love one another.    
I really love lara and Peter end wanting to be together. I learned that even when u pretend to date someone you end up getting jealous if he talk to his ex. Also that you need trust in each other for the relationship to work out. We learn all this while the main character lara does. I also love that we learn with the character lara.
Something that i don't like about this book is that it's leave you on the edge at the end. Like it leave you wondering about what happens next. Even though it's a two book series it start a tiny bit of the next book and then just ends. I really dislike books that ends like that even tho this is one of my favorite book. But overall it a very good book.


Jenny Han is the author. She is Asian. Just like the main character. She has many other books such as the second book in the series P.S. I Still Love You or The Summer I Turned Pretty  these are all of her books even though i didn't read the last book i listed i think you should. They are have the same theme is love or romance can happen anywhere.


The author Jenny Han use dialogue throughout the book such as


“Gabe! Put me down!” or when she says


“Oh yeah. What was all that about”. She uses countless other throughout her book. Without the dialogue the two main character  Peter and Lara couldn't talk to each other and the book would have been dull. And without conversation in a relationship the relationship wouldn't last.


People all around the world get into relationships. This book shows that for a relationship to last you need trust. In this book the couple has trust issue it might work out for them but to truly find out you need to read this book. Then you need to read the next book in the series too find out what happen with the couple relationship. This happens all around the world.


This is truly a great book you should really read this book. No read the series. Young adult should definitely read this book. This book is a young adult book anyways but another reason you should read this it's very interesting. If you like romance and drama then this is the book for you because it has both. I gives this book a five out of five.


The author's comments:

i really love this book and author