The Fault In Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

By meve1265 BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
meve1265 BRONZE, Midvale, Utah

For the most part a lot of the world has read or seen John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars. But for the few who haven’t had the opportunity to read The Fault In Our Stars it is an amazing book. It follows two teenagers Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters two very strong people who have battled or are currently battling cancer. This book takes us on their journey of falling in love with each other.
This was a very good book to read. I enjoyed how the emotions flowed right off of the page and that I could feel everything that was happening. However this book is very sad and could make people upset. Read this book at your own risk of crying. This book really is something most teenagers can relate to. John states “ We ate lunch with his parents at the dining room table. Peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches and last night’s asparagus”. (234) Most if not all teenagers have sat down and ate Peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches.
Augustus Waters throughout the entire book is always cracking jokes. Most of which were actually funny, but it was the fact that you could actually laugh at them that made the book so great. Gus never let cancer get in the way of telling a good joke. This shows when the author states “ I’m hopeful I’ll get to attend as a ghost, but just to make sure, I thought I’d well, not to put you on the spot , but I just this afternoon thought I could arrange a pre funeral, and I figured since I’m in reasonably good spirits, there’s no time like the present”.(Green 57) He never let cancer get the best of him.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an emotional book to read. The author does an amazing job with letting the reader feel all of the emotions as if it was the reader in the situation.  For anyone who is looking for an easy read to finish in a few days, I would definitely suggest this book. Overall I enjoyed reading this book and it was such a different experience than watching the movie. Take some time and read this book for yourself, you won’t regret it.