Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

Bookworm1998 said...
i really liked her book too! it was a great story to lie in bed with and to share with friends. i feel Miley really is a great person despite what the media is saying about her. even with all the rumours and stories about her flying about, i know that the down-to-earth girl that wrote this wonderful book is still with us.

jaigeladyrocks replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 12:59 pm :

thats nice and sweet comment me if u think bookworm1998 is nice

UR KWL

Bookworm1998 replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm :
aw thanks :)

ks katrina stone replied...
Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:01 am :
i think that tis is a good book becaeuse it tells how your life is and what happened in ur life.

EmptySoul said...
Well written, could be a little longer though.

Bambi67 said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:11 am:
very nice!!

SingingSiren5426 said...
May 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm:
I read this book last year! i loved how Miley connected with the readers and i felt liek i knew her! The book was so well written and I felt as if I truley knew miley. And then she had the whole "PArty in the USA" and "Can't Be Tamed" episode, and I began to wonder how someone who wrote such a powerful personal narrative could double as a wild party girl. I think that Miley has changed alot in the past year, but we can all learn alot of Life Lessons from reading her story. Like To Kill A Mocking... (more »)

kelsee727 said...
I'm currently reading this book because of this review. So far I like her as a person, but I believe that she has not stuck to some things she said in her book. People make mistakes, but she said she keeps herself grounded and such. I kind of find that hard to believe, but other than that I love her story so far. I did not know she had been bullied and it shocks me. I wish she would start going back to make good decisions.

Me12 said...
Hey i feel sorry for Miley ya know

Sharni12 said...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 10:35 am:
Omg Im a big fan of hannah montana/miley cyrus ive got this book im on page 12 at the moment so far the books fabulous and one day i really wanna see her im 12 years old and even when i get older i wont stop been her biggest fan in the whole wide worl i love you hannah montana / miley cyrus xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xXpOpTaRtLoLxX said...

I agree. Miley Cyrus is an awesome singer and yeah she's made a lot of mistakes but she's getting back on track. I love the fact that she won't forget where she comes from and family is very important to her. I love Miley Cyrus...she's awesome and in some ways, a good role model because she never gives up on what she wants.....and she always states her opinions.

-Chanelle:D

bieber6gfever said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm:
Wow. that was a really good summary but Miley has gone down hill from the time she wrote that to now. she is a wreck.

neversaynever said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm:
THATS REALLY MEAN!!!

Sierra D. said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm:
I love mily's music!!! Good work!

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm:
she holds onto her values?  yeah right

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm :

Yeah, seriously. I mean, this? About a girl who's smoked sal.via? That's hilarious.

Totally mind-boggling, ya know?

lggirl13 replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:19 pm :
How can you judge someone when you don't even know the full story? So she smoked, so does half of the people her age. 

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Apr. 20, 2011 at 3:57 pm :
I can judge her because I can. Because I just did. Seriously? Yeah, she did smoke. Yeah, half the people her age do, too, and yeah, they're all stupid. You know the one thing they all have in common because they all smoke? They all have early death wishes. Newsflash: Smoking isn't exactly great for your health. Not to mention, just because she's so famous and sings, doesn't mean I have to like her. You have your opinion, I have mine, don't be criticizing me for what I want to say about her.... (more »)

BungalowBillPhotography said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm:
First off Im not a big fan of Miley, or any disney singers. But im not going to judge their personality, but only acting and singing. So all my opnions aside:  Your beginning really hooked me, and when you state something about her, you back it up. Although I would like to know more about what the book covers in her life, I'll live. Good job, keep writing! 

Hope U. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm:
well that was boring

mileyrocks replied...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
you are boring jerk!!