The Time Machine by H.G Wells

'There was a breath of wind, and the lamp frame jumped. One of the candles on the mantel was blown out, the little machine suddenly swung round, became indistinct was seen as a ghost for a second perhaps, an eddy of faintly glittering brass and ivory; and was gone-vanished!'- The Time Machine, H.G Wells

If you thought you knew a science fiction book, think again, for this first science fiction book of all sends a shiver down your spine. About the mysterious man known only as the Time Traveler, The Time Machine is a trap, for the unwary reader to be caught in. and once you're in, you can't get out till you're done. It's about the Time Traveler, who uses a machine to get to the year 802, 701. There, he meets the Eloi, docile childlike creatures, which eat no more than fruit and sleep in packs. However, there is more to this world than just the Eloi. The dark reality lies just under the surface. Morlocks, resembling cannibalistic human spiders, scuttle around, working machines that keep the Eloi living. The Time Traveler is trapped between the fa'ade and the reality. What will he do? Do the Eloi know about the Morlocks? To answer these questions, read The Time Machine. This is a suspenseful book that will keep you on the edge of your seats while reading it. I know it did it to me. I give it four out of five stars. If you want an excellent read with action, read the Time Machine.

Auntie Susan said...
Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:24 am
Excellent book review: fun, colorful and concise!