Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was told to “prepare to be dazzled” even before I opened Freakonomics. The book indeed dazzles as well as confounds the reader with ideas that put ethics and logic into question and make you second guess the world you know. Freakonomics opens up new concepts that are thought-­provoking and hard to deny.

Each chapter takes the reader on another adventure to discover unfeasible truths through the authors' logical persuasion. With ludicrous examples like comparing the KKK to real-­estate agents, it is hard to imagine how there are virtually no rebuttals of Levitt and Dubner's work.

Using years of research, the authors provide undeniable and astonishing evidence for every claim. This book grabs the reader's interest and holds tight until the very end. The bold ­assertions – for example, parents choose a name to connect their child with a certain social class – are ridiculous, yet true. The reader will begin every chapter with doubt and skepticism, yet Levitt and Dubner win them over page by page, converting cynicism into ­astonishment.