Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat | Teen Ink

Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat MAG

By animelovergirl13 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
animelovergirl13 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Can you imagine not knowing what is happening to your family and knowing that your friends are being killed? Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat is a powerful true story of survival, love, injustice, and suffering that will rock you to your core and show you an entirely new side of life.
Nemat was a prisoner for many years, and she writes graphically about the suffering she endured. This book tells the story of her pain as a prisoner as well as the loss and suffering she experienced for so many years. It’s amazing that she survived. As a reader, the ending made me cry and think about how my life would be different if I had experienced what Nemat had.
By reading this book, I discovered many valuable ideas, including not taking things for granted and using every moment of my life to its fullest. I realized that my writing could be more meaningful if I used more writer’s craft like Nemat. However, some parts of her story could have been more descriptive.
You can definitely understand Nemat’s story and the pain she went through. This book is disturbing, depressing, upsetting, and horrifying to read, but overall it will give you a new sense of life. I couldn’t put it down, and I would definitely rate Prisoner of Tehran five stars.

Review of the heart breaking story of Marina Nemat