Code of Silence | Teen Ink

Code of Silence

By Reinhart.25 BRONZE, Panorama, Iowa
Reinhart.25 BRONZE, Panorama, Iowa

Code of Silence Book Review

Have you ever read a book so good you didn't want to put it down?  Have you ever read one so detailed you thought you were there in the moment?  What about a page turner you didn't want to stop reading until the end.  I have! It’s Tim Shoemaker’s Code of Silence.          
   This book presents two of the worst case scenarios, robbery and attempted murder.  Frank was the owner of a small restaurant in Chicago called Frank n’ Stein’s.  Three middle school students witnessed the robbery.  They had to watch him be beat repeatedly.  Their names were Cooper, First, and Hiro.  When the thieves stopped beating him, Cooper thought he was dead. He saw blood pool around Frank’s head.  The three friends escaped with the hard drive.  They were going to tell the police after they got out, but they couldn’t. Two of the three thieves were wearing police uniforms.  Cooper, Gordy, and Hiro made the Code of Silence.  They couldn’t tell anyone anything about what happened at Frank’s that night.  It was too risky.  They were going to figure it out on their own and put the three criminals behind bars.  One of my favorite parts throughout the story was when Cooper hid cowardly under a bench in his dad's boat in their backyard.  He thought someone in a clown mask was going to try and kill him like the thief did while Frank's was being beat.
   If you have ever watched Criminal Minds, you can relate it to the book.  If you haven’t watched Criminal Minds, it is about a group of detectives that can profile who did the crime by the way they murdered the victim. Cooper, Gordy, and Hiro played detective and profiled the thieves like the profilers in the show.  Sometimes it is someone obvious, and you have one of those duh moments when you found out who did it.  More and more suspense builds up throughout the book just like  the show.  It is very intense!
   This book is an amazing page turner.  It is perfect for anybody that likes a good crime or mystery.  I give it 5 out of 5 coconuts.  I loved it and I hope you read it.
                                                                                Publisher: Zonderkidz
Publish Date: March 20th, 2012