Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo | Teen Ink

Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo

February 14, 2008
By Anonymous

I this story, Because of Winn-Dixie, is about a 10 year-old girl named Opal, She goes into the Winn-Dixie super market and comes out with a dog, with a sterling sense of humor. “Somebody grab that dog!” Screamed the man who was in charge. “No, no!” Yelled Opal, “ he's my dog, his name is Winn-Dixie, come Dixie, come!” But the whole book actually talks about Opal and Winn-Dixie go to different places and also experience good and bad times. They meet the librarian, Mrs. Franny, who always gives Opal littmus lozenges every time she visits. Two Twins, both bald, one likes to tease Opal and the other has a big secret crush on Opal. Amanda an annoying 4 year-old that has attitude, and she also met other people.




My favorite part in this book was when, Mrs. Franny told a story about this bear taking her favorite book and the she almost died.




Because of Winn-Dixie is a Parent's Choice Gold Award Winner. Kate Dicamillo is the author of this book. She writes for both children and adults. She was born in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania, but she was raised in Clermont, Florida.



Will Opal and Winn-Dixie always be together? How does Opal learn to get along with the bald headed twins and Amanda? I am convincing you to read this amazing vivacious book, it is similar to Charlotte's Web. I hope
You enjoy it!