Columbine by Dave Cullen | Teen Ink

Columbine by Dave Cullen

By AdriD PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
AdriD PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

The True Story
There were many rumors and theories that were believed about the 1999 Columbine high school shooting. In the book Columbine by Dave Cullen, the author writes about those theories. He also tells the most accurate description of what actually happened on that day. He did tremendous amounts of research on that day and the students involved. Dave looks into the killers families, history, background, social lives and much more. He tells the true story on how and why that day happened. Dave tells how the boys were most definitely not targeting jocks,or anyone actually. All the boys had in mind was to kill. Dave talks about Patrick Ireland a.k.a “The boy in the window” and addresses Dan Rohrbough. Dave also tells about the lives of the all of the victims killed. It is a great way to learn about the shooting rather than googling it. You may find some really incorrect and bad things online about this day and the whole event. In this book everything incorrect that the press and other people said is addressed and the true story about the Columbine high school shooting.