13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher | Teen Ink

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

January 20, 2009
By Anonymous

What would you do if you heard the voice of a dead person talking? I’m talking about the beginning of this awesome book I read called 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. When 16 year old Clay, an average teenager finds a box lying on his porch, he has no idea what he’s in store for. Inside he discovers seven audio cassettes; each one has two sides painted with a number 1-13. Featured on them is long deceased Hannah Baker. Now, Hannah was just like you and me, trying to fit in, new to town, but committed suicide a week earlier. But she sent these tapes beforehand to let the world know the 13 reasons why she did the deed.

Poor Clay is confused about what he’ll be listening to until he pops one in and finds out that each reason was a person in Hannah’s life. Then and now does he realize that he is also one of those reasons. This book had me reading it one sitting because it is so shockingly written in any teen’s point of view that it will make you want to reread it again. I read it because my friends told me that it was a good book and they were right! To rate this book would be impossible cause it’s so excellent so kudos to Jay Asher for bringing this book to life.