Jane Eyre | Teen Ink

Jane Eyre

January 15, 2009
By Anonymous

Before the current love stories about vampires and teenage love there was Jane Eyre, the story of a governess that was raised in poverty and fell in love with a character that changed her world completely. Jane Eyre is first introduced in the story as an orphan that was left to live with her uncaring aunt who eventually sent Jane Eyre to live the rest of her adolescence in a school where she was taught to obey her role in society. Here Jane is trained to be obedient and stick to her female ideals which above all meant maintaining her dignity. Jane's world later on crashes as she falls in love with the master of Thornfield hall, which is her superior as she is a governess in his estate. The love from the beginning is labeled as forbidden but, in a twist of events Mr. Rochester, the master of Thornfield Hall has mutual feelings towards Jane and proposes the sanity of matrimony to Jane.
In shear Brilliance the author, Ms. Charlotte Bronte later on has the deep secret of Mr. Rochester's past discovered and it eventually has Jane choosing between her dignity and her happiness.


From the beginning Bronte's character “Jane Eyre” is intriguing and leaves the audience guessing her constant altering way of thinking. During this one person narrative, Jane Eyre goes through multiple changes that can be described as rebellious to obedient and then once again to rebellious. Along with such a mysterious counterpart as Mr. Rochester, that reveals a secret wife from his past ,Jane Eyre is left to be one of those books that could keep you turning page after page. Jane Eyre is perfect for those that belief in the power of love and its ability to triumph over everything and is a book that would give those who think otherwise a reason to look twice at the power of love.

In a timeless old English manner Charlotte Bronte shows why she is one of the greatest writers of English Literature. Her ending to Jane Eyre is perfect and captivating as it gives you one more last twist of events that was not expected. It leaves you on the edge of your seat until the last of chapters where the most of famous words in English Literature is mentioned. This 1847 novel ends up being a classic in every way that could move even the coldest heart.



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.