Two-Minute Drill by Mike Lupica | Teen Ink

Two-Minute Drill by Mike Lupica

January 14, 2009
By Anonymous

Have you ever thought of doing something but never did because you were afraid to fail? The book I read is called Two-Minute Drill, a realistic fiction novel by Mike Lupica. The main character is Scott Parry, a sixth grade student in Bloomfield South Elementary. Scott has one friend, Chris Conlan, who is a quarterback. The kid that Scott hates the most is Jimmy Dolan, the bully of the school who would pick on Scott every day. After school every day, Scott and Chris would play football and Chris would ask Scott to try out for the football team, because he thought Scott was pretty good. But Scott had a different idea about how he played. Then one day Scott said yes. It was a good thing he said yes, because in the end, they needed him.

I thought this book was phenomenal. Mike Lupica is one of my favorite authors and the thing I like the most was the way he described football. An example is when Scott trips Jimmy, because that has happened to me many times. I would recommend this book to all my friends, because I think it gives the idea that kids should try something even if you're not the best.