The Host, by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

The Host, by Stephenie Meyer

January 14, 2009
By Anonymous

“I knew it would end, and the end would look like death to these eyes. I had been warned.” The Host, by Stephenie Meyer, is a captivating book about unseen enemies, who take over humans' minds and control their body. And when Melanie Stryder is captured she refuses to be erased completely. The “soul” Wanderer, who has been given Melanie's body, knows it won't be easy living in a human's body. But when Wanderer finds out that Melanie is still there in the back of her mind, she starts to panic. At first she thinks it will go away but it doesn't. And soon Wanderer starts to fell Melanie's overwhelming emotions for Jared, the man Melanie loves, and soon it over powers her and she sets out on a dangerous adventure, to find him.
The Host is amazing; words cannot describe how wonderful this book is. Stephenie Meyer is an incredible author and by far my favorite. The way she words things and describes them, it makes you feel like you're actually there. And when her characters are in pain, you feel as if you're the one getting hurt. I felt this book was extremely well written, and I truly do love reading it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves Meyer's work, and for anyone who hasn't heard of her other books I highly recommend you check those out too! Trust me you won't regret it.