Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Look around in class and find the “outsider.” What if that person, or people, are more different than you think? What if they were vampires? Wouldn't you run away? Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer, is a thrilling novel that takes you into the world of vampires and shows you adventure, fantasy, and romance.

Bella Swan moved to Forks, Washington to live with her dad, Charlie. She doesn't expect it to be exciting, but truly nothing in her life ever was. On her first day at her new school, Forks High School, she realizes that her impressions of Forks being no better than Arizona, her old home, are true, until she walks into the lunchroom. There, sitting at a table by themselves, were five of the most beautiful people she's ever seen, but one in particular caught her eye, Edward Cullen. Who knew he would change her life forever, and it was only the beginning.

This book is suspenseful and leaves you on edge. I found myself reading this book at all times, even while walking my dog. Meyer uses intense emotions, strong word choice, and first person perspective to describe Bella's feelings. You feel like you're in Bella's shoes living her fantasy, or nightmare depending how you look at it, of a life. If you like romance novels or fantasies you will enjoy this book. I would recommend this book to anyone, though it's probably more for middle school and older. I loved this book, especially because of its amazing vocabulary and suspenseful action.

Even though you think vampires haunt nightmares and that you should naturally run away, once you start this book there will be no turning back.